What's new

Prewrapped coils - Where do you get them?

m1stergeorge

Postman
So in a couple weeks, I’ll be having a go at my first RTA. I branched out in to an RDA but became fast bored of continuously having to drip and on occasion forgetting to actually add liquid which had the obvious consequence.

That said, I’ll also be using prebuilt coils/wraps and wondered what people use and where you get them from. Amazon is awash with various sellers and random coils that seem to be hit and miss in their rating. I generally vape at around 40-70w depending on what stock sub ohm tank I’m using so thinking something in the 0.3-0.6 ohm range based on a single coil build.

I know it’s lazy to use prewrapped coils, but it’s for the sake of ease more than anything as I’m not the most patient at making them myself as I recent found out lol.

So in a couple weeks, I’ll be having a go at my first RTA. I branched out in to an RDA but became fast bored of continuously having to drip and on occasion forgetting to actually add liquid which had the obvious consequence.

That said, I’ll also be using prebuilt coils/wraps and wondered what people use and where you get them from. Amazon is awash with various sellers and random coils that seem to be hit and miss in their rating. I generally vape at around 40-70w depending on what stock sub ohm tank I’m using so thinking something in the 0.3-0.6 ohm range based on a single coil build.

I know it’s lazy to use prewrapped coils, but it’s for the sake of ease more than anything as I’m not the most patient at making them myself as I recent found out lol.
Coilology are decent as are Wotofo. Or if you want to save a few quid by rolls of Coilology Fused Clapton & wrap your own.

The bit I had to watch for with rtas was wicking. If you run at 70w, but your cotton isn't right, you'll have more dry hits than enough. That's why I generally run about 36w - 50w depending on how well I've wicked it (normally using around .3 ohm coil)

Thanks both, I’ll check out Coilology as I’ve heard their name mentioned a few times now.

@Scanty81 Yeah, I’ll be tinkering for a bit I imagine as I haven’t exactly picked a simple RTA to be my first lol

I started with pre coiled for the same reason and then realised that rolling your own is far far cheaper and very very easy. Seriously unless you have sight problems or your fingers don’t work as they should you’ll wonder why you never made your own sooner!

you can try the POTV discount code over there.... POTV10 to see if it’s still current.

I use Coilology because I’m cheap and lazy lol

Unlike other Chinese coil makers, they are actually run by two guys who aren’t Chinese (Steve and Niko) and claim to use Sandvik wire. They are very well made too and consistently so. Plenty of options too.

How much trust they are putting in the Chinese to keep using Sandvik, or how often they are checking up that they are, is anyones guess but I’ll take that over the complete unknown of all the other Chinese producers of coils.

Back
Top Bottom