What's new

Post newbie(ish) To Genny or not to Genny... Or...

decson

Postman
Hi, currently running a mini volt with nautilus tank MTL. Moved from iStick to mini volt and love it!

I have tried sub ohm but didn't really work for me, coughed up, etc could be asthma :(. So looking to see how I can progress/what else can I try, I love the small size of the mini volt, but have seen some posters about mechanical mods and a genny tank. But unsure if the are good for MTL. Any suggestions/ideas?

Btw very much into wakonda, been my daily vape now for 6 months! so anything that would bring this out more yes please! Or other juice suggestions like it. Currently in-between 18 to 12 nic, running 14.5v. Thanks! (sorry for blurb of a message lol!)

The genesis style tank is very much a mtl, my recommendation would be the nextgen or nextiny. Probably the easiest to coil out of all my gennies. There are plenty of threads around here regarding mesh wicks and lots of how to's. There's also a lot of genny lovers willing to help out if you run into problems

Thank you! Can you please explain about how this would rate up against the nautilus for example. Does how you use the mesh change the ohm rate? Or am I completely off planet here.. Sorry total noob, for this next step.. A guy in the shop suggested hunting out something like a IN'AX MKR2 or wait for their new one, as they are easy to build.

How would it set up with a mechanical mod vs what I am on today? Ie nautilus and 14.5w. Would it use up more juice or less? Currently on 18 but pushing to 12 nic.. vape about 2-3ml a day.

Sorry lots of questions, just want to expand out :).

Last edited:
The wattage a mech puts out is directly proportional to the ohms of a coil (ohms law calculator/steam engine calculator is best) regardless of the tank. I coil all my gennies to 0.5-0.7 so...
2946f24297bf70bfed5051c88ad06086.jpg

Thanks all, gonna have to read up. Want similar experience, with better kit and hopefully better flavour so everything I have read states that genny can definitely help on flavour when done correctly. Just need to get head round ohms and watts and what I would need to build to get similar to today! But better!

The genesis style tank is very much a mtl, my recommendation would be the nextgen or nextiny. Probably the easiest to coil out of all my gennies. There are plenty of threads around here regarding mesh wicks and lots of how to's. There's also a lot of genny lovers willing to help out if you run into problems

Have been doing some research and love the look and reviews of the nextiny - so if can find one (or keep eye on the in'ax mk3 if it stays as simple as mk2), I think that would be ideal. then aim at around 1/1.2 ohms to get around what I am doing today.

Would you recommend a mech mod, rather than staying on box vw mods?

ideally want something that I can take out with, so pocket 'possible' and to last me all day at work. Am doing 2-3ml of juice a day at present.

And last question, how often do you recoil? though I have watched a few videos and seems quite straight forward if can get a nextiny :)

Thank you! (in advance)

Have been doing some research and love the look and reviews of the nextiny - so if can find one (or keep eye on the in'ax mk3 if it stays as simple as mk2), I think that would be ideal. then aim at around 1/1.2 ohms to get around what I am doing today.

Would you recommend a mech mod, rather than staying on box vw mods?

ideally want something that I can take out with, so pocket 'possible' and to last me all day at work. Am doing 2-3ml of juice a day at present.

And last question, how often do you recoil? though I have watched a few videos and seems quite straight forward if can get a nextiny :)

Thank you! (in advance)

I use my nextgens on both mechs and small vv/vw devices, they are effective on both. The nextiny holds 3ml of juice and nextgen holds about 4.5 I think. It's probably the easiest of the genesis tanks to coil and wick, coiling a genny is a bit of an art form in itself (https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/98830/) once you've got a coil setup though it can last months. Just a quick dry burn and rinse then you're good to go again. You get 4 different airflow settings on them which should suit you and the flavour will be a huge improvement on what you're used to. They don't really leak either, sometimes you get a bit of seepage due to over wicking but this can be solved by using a different grade mesh.

Thank you! I will have a look at tubular mods, but will keep an eye out for a nextiny first :) then grab one, can try it on my vw device first then next step!

Have put in a reminder on the site I found it for when they have the nextiny and nextgen back in stock. Then need to get all the other stuff! Lucky I am still classing that I am saving on fags still :)

Ps probably be in touch if get my hands on one, on best mesh etc! :)

Back
Top Bottom