What's new

POD / AIO recommendations?

akira181

Postman
Now that MTL kits have advanced significantly since the rise of vaping, I'm looking to make the switch back. Haven't been a MTL vaper since the CE4 / protank 1 days.

I'm looking for something like the SMOK Novo but my friend says his one had a tendency to leak and spit juice, which puts me off. My only requirements are minimal leaking, refillable pods and replacement coils that don't cost a fortune.

Any suggestions?

I haven't tried either myself yet, but the Smok Nord is supposed to have fewer issues all around than the Novo. The draw is looser than you might want for strictly MTL, apparently more restricted DL.

You might consider the Uwell Caliburn. It doesn't use replaceable coils like the Nord, which is a drawback for me. But the pods have been lasting me weeks at around £12/4 pack. Seems pretty solidly built, without any leaking or spitting issues so far. The draw is more of a straight MTL, and the flavour has been better than I expected from a pod system.

I've only been using the Caliburn for around a month, but so far would definitely recommend it. Hassle free with decent battery life and good flavour.

I have a few pod style vapes, there are only 2 I rate highly:
Artery PAL II
Aspire Cobble

The Artery PAL is my favourite, I struggled to find any cons with it in a review I'm writing so nit picking it's having to pop off the door to check your juice level but that's seconds to do.

Smok Nord and Smok Trinity Alpha give good flavour but quite airy to the point I'm flogging all mine.

i never thought id buy a smok again but the nord is decent enough. 2ml with rubber bung in. get the bugger out and its 3ml

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into the Uwell, Artery and aspire ones.

Not being able to see the juice level might be bit of a deal breaker though. I get dry hits on my current clear glass tank mod cause I don't pay enough attention. Obscuring it won't help me lol.

I saw the smok nord but wasn't too keen on the button location. Feel like I'd fire it accidentally in my pocket but if I can find one for cheap, I'll give it a shot

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into the Uwell, Artery and aspire ones.

Not being able to see the juice level might be bit of a deal breaker though. I get dry hits on my current clear glass tank mod cause I don't pay enough attention. Obscuring it won't help me lol.

I saw the smok nord but wasn't too keen on the button location. Feel like I'd fire it accidentally in my pocket but if I can find one for cheap, I'll give it a shot
You are right about the Nord i have had it pocket fire numerous times, mine stay at home for indoor vaping.

Not being able to see the liquid is common on most pods I have tried but you don't get that same dry hit, the juice lasts ages even in the 2ml pods, the Aspire Breeze 2 and AIO you can see if you hold them up to sunlight but the Breeze 2 breaks easily (had 2 broke 2) and the AIO coil life isn't good.

The Artery Pal has a nifty hollow mouthpiece, if you turn it upside down you an see if there's still juice in the tank, if you see none it's time to refill.

No POD style is perfect as yet, but the PAL II is the closest I've found.

I'm keeping a close eye on the Pasito as the RBA sounds good.

Long post and twisting off in a tangent but have you considered an alternative MTL pocket device? the Vandy Vape Simple EX squonk is a pod killer in my opinion, you get that pod like draw but with the benefit of it being rebuildable, cheap to run and 4ml capacity.
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/squonking/vandy-vape-simple-ex-squonk-kit-pod-killer.html

Not had any issues with my Nord firing in my pocket, 5 clicks turns it off for safe transport, one of my favorite pod systems.
Artery pal 2 and iq one are also good.
I'm coming at these from the point of view of a DL vaper though and use the lower 0.6 ohm mesh coils.

They all leak or get condensation build up to some degree, I'm afraid that's just the nature of the beast.

Back
Top Bottom