What's new

Pockex battery removal

You can still get the same style of ego battery stick things.

They have not improved...

(I've seen the old threads, and I had a couple to sling in the car as emergency vapes...)

I've got some, I think they have their purpose, wouldn't keep them in my car for emergencies as I value my car :D

I've got some, I think they have their purpose, wouldn't keep them in my car for emergencies as I value my car :D

Hence the use of 'had', as in past tense ;)

Tbf, it was mainly the silica wick that stopped me thinking about using them - while the construction is pretty crap it's not bad enough to make me worry too much.

Oh, just to add - the ones that use tape instead of solder I wouldn't trust much...

Hence the use of 'had', as in past tense ;)

Tbf, it was mainly the silica wick that stopped me thinking about using them - while the construction is pretty crap it's not bad enough to make me worry too much.

The silica clearos were pretty naff, kanger ruled, ahhh the joys of rebuilding those fiddly little coil heads :D

The silica clearos were pretty naff, kanger ruled, ahhh the joys of rebuilding those fiddly little coil heads :D

Thankfully, having such limited options was way before my vaping time - I've not quite got to one year.

@Noobienomore - yes, that's totally standard for the battery in an integrated device.

It's a lithium ion cell in a polymer encasement.

There's nothing true horror about it...

Here's one inside a vandy vape simple EX:

They use the same thing in the aspire spryte, and the smok nord, and the sigelei odo.

Oh, and inside phones that don't have user replaceable batteries. And tablets.

And inside my shaver and our electric toothbrush and the wife's headtorch and my Bluetooth headphones and MP3 player.

Basically, just about every rechargeable device that uses an integrated li-ion cell that's not designed to be user replaceable will have a soft case.

It's not just about cost though, it's about size, and about weight - and the soft case cells pretty much always have flying leads so you don't have to spot weld connections or rely on spring/push contacts.

That make sense, my old Galaxy s4 had a foil-wrapped battery, and come to think of it, I think my ancient Sony Satio had the same - and you could swap out the battery in that for a fresh one, - but that Vandy Vape one looks a blot more "professional" than the Pockex one - it was a complete mess of tape and random printed bits of plastic cut to size and used as insulators. I mean I understand the use of a soft case, and flying leads - I was expecting to see a cased battery with spot-welded leads, I think.
But I'll stand by my assertion that this was a horribly done soft case battery - if my Sonicare, or any phone I opened up, had a battery that was that shoddily made, I'd be putting a complaint in or sending it to "Watchdog" or something. Granted, the Pockex is pretty much bottom of the line as far as vape sticks go - but that thing was a complete bodge. I suppose it was probably put together by a 7 year old girl in a factory somewhere in Cina, and it looks it!

Are there any vepe sticks that use removable batteries smaller than an 18659? I like my Vandyvape Trident because I can pop in any make or rating of battery I like - and charge it in a decent charger. and my Voopoo Caliber, though sealed, feels like it probably has a soft-case 18650 inside - but as a light vaper, I just don't need that wattage or capacity.
Is there anything along the lines of the Veco Solo, or the Sky Solo that have a user replaceable cell? Or am I stuck with what will end up being eventually, a disposable daily?

Cheers for the advice,

Patrick.

There's the ehpro mod 101, which uses an 18350 and comes with an extension tube to use 18650.

I recently got one used, but new ones are still available here and there.

(They also do the mod 101 pro, which is thicker (24 instead of 22mm) and 18650 only.)

I don't personally know of any other sub 18650 regulated tubes that are currently available.

Go up to 18650 and there's loads about.

Brilliant, thanks - just found a couple of places still stocking them - and cheap! I have a few 18350 batteries kicking around as well, so will check they are close to the magic roundabout of battery topping up, and give them a little bump!

Thanks again, pdg,

Patrick.

Back
Top Bottom