What's new

Ohms and Volts and Amps and Watts and other dark forces...

Bryan123456

Achiever
These can be a mystery to many users. There is, somewhere, a safe usage chart, but, each device can have different tolerances - My TTS will deliver 10 amps, My Lavatube about 3 and my tiny Apoloe 350 mah Ego battery would probably scream and die at the thought of either of those.

There is an easy solution online here:

ohms law.jpg

http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.php

If you know 2 variables e.g. voltage and your atomizer/tank/cartomizer resistance in Ohms, it will do the rest. Or if you know the maximum current draw and voltage of your device, it will tell you the lowest resistance device you can attach to it.

If you are rebuilding atomizers it might be of help too.

It's an aid to simplicity and I am all for that.

Last edited:
ive actually found a couple of very useful android apps (i used to be able to do ohms law calcs and the like in my head, but that was many moons ago! these days i can code and make computers do my maths, or even be lazy and let other people do it for me!) anyway on to the apps.

the first is called E-Smoker its a russian app but all but the "terminology" section is in english, it has a liquid calculator an ohms law calculator and another calculator for building coils (put in your wire, coil diameter, coil spacing, wick diameter, turns etc) and it will spit out the resitance of the coil you have/are going to create(d)

the other app is just a liquid calc, but a very good one, its called eLiquid Recipe Manager Lite, it lets you save a nice database of all your flavourings and other ingredients, then you can just tap them to add and set the PG/VG ratio. it also has a quick calculator where you dont need to enter names of flavours or anything just how much of each thing you want

oh both are free apps, and if you dont have an android device (you should have! i kid, dont wig out on me apple fans) you can just use the emulator included with the android sdk or something or the app todd suggested, although that doesnt save your ingredients in the database unless you actually used them in a recipe so you have to make a "recipe card" if you want to save all your ingredients. im sure there are apps on the apple store too

Back
Top Bottom