What's new

OBS Crius 2 builds

See, told ya.

Yes It is a hospital gown and yes, my left arm is missing hence the hospital gown :)

You in hospital or you just fancied wearing something a bit different around the house tonight? :18:

On a more serious note, hope everything is OK and there's nothing too serious going on. Hate to think how you're gonna vape with both arms gone!

Last edited:
It's the only picture I could find with a stupid face being pulled. Had a Coronary artery stent back in summer of 2016. Sent a whatsapp to my missus saying how stupid I looked in a hospital gown.

Had my first mini-heart attack (sounds much more dramatic than it was) cycling up box hill. Just slowed down and carried on plus 20 miles back home. Got up in the morning and sat in front of my computer and had one again. Went into hospital where they said I will need a stent, but appointment was for two weeks later. I felt fine and asked Doc if I could still cycle. He said just don't do anything stupid. Had a few more rides then one evening I went out alone and 15 miles out I got hit again only this time I couldn't cycle through it. I had to limp home at 10mph, just couldn't get any power.

Went into A&E the next day and had the stent fitted the following day. Got it a week earlier than planned ! Win win.

Apologies to the OP for wandering miles off the subject. I would never usually do that (I always do that)

It's the only picture I could find with a stupid face being pulled. Had a Coronary artery stent back in summer of 2016. Sent a whatsapp to my missus saying how stupid I looked in a hospital gown.

Had my first mini-heart attack (sounds much more dramatic than it was) cycling up box hill. Just slowed down and carried on plus 20 miles back home. Got up in the morning and sat in front of my computer and had one again. Went into hospital where they said I will need a stent, but appointment was for two weeks later. I felt fine and asked Doc if I could still cycle. He said just don't do anything stupid. Had a few more rides then one evening I went out alone and 15 miles out I got hit again only this time I couldn't cycle through it. I had to limp home at 10mph, just couldn't get any power.

Went into A&E the next day and had the stent fitted the following day. Got it a week earlier than planned ! Win win.

Apologies to the OP for wandering miles off the subject. I would never usually do that (I always do that)

Don't worry about me, nice to hear there is another Box hill cyclist on here, I might see you up there some time.

Scary stuff. Two weeks seems an awful long time to be asked to wait for an appointment when you've just had 2 minor attacks. Minor attacks mean a major heart attack is on the near horizon and you are very lucky that it went down the way that it did and you didn't end up pushing daises.

Glad it all worked out. Was that the reason you quit smoking?

Scary stuff. Two weeks seems an awful long time to be asked to wait for an appointment when you've just had 2 minor attacks. Minor attacks mean a major heart attack is on the near horizon and you are very lucky that it went down the way that it did and you didn't end up pushing daises.

Glad it all worked out. Was that the reason you quit smoking?

It never felt life threatening as I was probably at a lifetime peak of fitness back then. The heart was strong but damaged from years of dietary abuse. Touch wood, it has been good ever since. No, I quit smoking quite a few months before all this happened but 40 odd years of smoking and several periods of obesity took it's toll.

Don't worry about me, nice to hear there is another Box hill cyclist on here, I might see you up there some time.

Did Box hill again last night. But whilst staying in my front room.

Had the bike on a turbo and running Zwift on the PC and phone. Are you on Strava? I should look you up.

Heading up to Glasgow with the kids today to see the Christmas lights before I head down to Manchester tomorrow for the Man City V West Ham game

With all the obs talk I am taking mine loaded with some diy Kanzi

IMG_4530.JPG

Did Box hill again last night. But whilst staying in my front room.

Had the bike on a turbo and running Zwift on the PC and phone. Are you on Strava? I should look you up.

I'm not on Strava, used to be but i got a bit over competitive with myself and i started to stop enjoying just going for a ride, so now no computers, no apps, no gps, just ride for the hell of it.

I haven't been out for a few months now though, moving house and doing a complete renovation has sucked up the last 3 months.

NAILED IT!!! 8 (or was it 7?) wraps of 22 gauge Ni80 flatwire 3.5mm ID comes in at 0.4 ohms and looks nice on top of the Broadside mod.

image.jpeg

Heading up to Glasgow with the kids today to see the Christmas lights before I head down to Manchester tomorrow for the Man City V West Ham game

With all the obs talk I am taking mine loaded with some diy Kanzi

View attachment 145790
Who do you support? My brother has been a die hard West Ham supporter his entire life. Bets 20 quid on every match they'll win 2-0. Only has to be right once a season to cover the cost. Anything else is profit.

What cotton are you using?

Back
Top Bottom