What's new

New tank, horrible taste/smell

Soarific

Initiate
Hi all,

Just went into my local vape shop and picked up a "brand new" Horizon Falcon tank, got home, whipped it out of the box and the drip tip, and even the tank itself stinks of some other liquid perhaps, it smells really strong, like a coffee or cinammon type smell. And with my new coils and juice I am still getting strong hints of this disgusting taste I mention.

Do you think the vape shop have previously used this tank or what? It looked brand new, was very clean and no signs of residue from previous use

Any ideas?

Hi all,

Just went into my local vape shop and picked up a "brand new" Horizon Falcon tank, got home, whipped it out of the box and the drip tip, and even the tank itself stinks of some other liquid perhaps, it smells really strong, like a coffee or cinammon type smell. And with my new coils and juice I am still getting strong hints of this disgusting taste I mention.

Do you think the vape shop have previously used this tank or what? It looked brand new, was very clean and no signs of residue from previous use

Any ideas?
doesnt sound right. if it didnt have a sealed wrapper on it then it could either be used by them or its a used return and they are trying it on.
falcon is a ok tank but nothing like all the hype that was talked about it (my opinion). the freemax pro on the other hand is a bangin tank and ive ordered another.

doesnt sound right. if it didnt have a sealed wrapper on it then it could either be used by them or its a used return and they are trying it on.
falcon is a ok tank but nothing like all the hype that was talked about it (my opinion). the freemax pro on the other hand is a bangin tank and ive ordered another.
Yeah it does seem strange, I know it shouldnt smell like that.

I've just put the drip tip in some hot water and plan on leaving it there for a while to see if that cleans the taste out. Any other tips to get rid of the taste/smell?

Yeah it does seem strange, I know it shouldnt smell like that.

I've just put the drip tip in some hot water and plan on leaving it there for a while to see if that cleans the taste out. Any other tips to get rid of the taste/smell?
take it back for a refund but a bit late nw as youve added juice to change the taste.
take the whole thing apart and soak it in semi hot water for a while.

I always remove all rubber o rings as rubber can expand with heat so best removed,
I wash the glass part of tank under a warm tap , and boil the remaining parts in a pan before first use,
Some tanks have like a machine oil taste,
They should not stink strange that is odd indeed,

Machine oil is machine oil.
Cinnamon and coffee tells me they've sold you a tank they've previously used. Give them some greif.

If you get to the bottom of this and find out what the juice was let me know ...
I’m after a good coffee flavour juice :)

Back
Top Bottom