What's new

New tank for Zelos 2 (from nautilus 2)

Laubi

Hi all,

I've discovered this site when googling my question - with someone asking the same question in another thread.

That thread suggested the S22 tank and I was just wondeering if this would still be the recommendation or has there been any other major releases since a couple of years ago?

also, if i buy this, shall I stick with my Zelos 2 or is it worth buying it with the S22 mod?

Many thanks

Hi all,

I've discovered this site when googling my question - with someone asking the same question in another thread.

That thread suggested the S22 tank and I was just wondeering if this would still be the recommendation or has there been any other major releases since a couple of years ago?

also, if i buy this, shall I stick with my Zelos 2 or is it worth buying it with the S22 mod?

Many thanks

Soz nobody replied - just noticed your post & welcome to POTV
If you have not made a decision/purchase yet I will try to respond

You have the Zelos 2 kit (mod) with the famous Nautilus 2 tank
Now the N2 tank, some people swear by these but most people swear at them
Bloody thing leaks like the Titanic, gurgles/floods when filling, coils are cheap but can burn out a bit quick
(yeah I don't highly rate the N2 as you can tell)

Personally I have not tried the Jac S22 so can't really comment, some love this tank
check availability of coils/price plus also the top/tips as they are a little bespoke
Probably get the tank for £15 and would likely be an improvement over the N2 for sure
(well can't be any worse)

If it was me I would be looking at the Innokin Zenith D22 - note D22 tank !!!
Originally a 24mm diameter tank but recently launched the D22 - 22mm version like N2 & S22
Alas these Zenith D22's are going to be around £25, but coils are everywhere & reg 510 tip
plus has to be one of the most popular MTL stock coil tanks and fast simple idiot proof filling etc....

Now £25 is a bit of money to stump up for a tank, trust me I know that sometimes you love your N2
(when it behaves & you think you got this tank sussed at last)
But often you hate it when it leaks/floods after refilling - yeah refilling the N2 is a lottery imho

If you search on Amazon for Zenith D22 and hunt around you will likely find a coolfire d22 zenith kit for about £35
So that is another £10 for a cool fire mini mod with the £25 D22 Zenith tank

THAT £35 coolfire mini D22 kit would perhaps be a better option but we are talking a considerable bit more than £15 S22

There are other options like getting a rebuild-able MTL tank many would suggest and make/fit your own coils
But just giving my two pennies if you want a much better stock coil tank without any fuss

You can put up with the N2 until you run out of coils/patience
Buy the S22 for £15
Get the D22 Zenith @ £25 but if you can stretch to £35 then get the coolfire D22 kit off amazon
or something else like a 22mm RTA MTL tank (ehpro true or Galaxies RTA or Siren 2 22mm (not 24) etc...)

N2, nice lovely vape (when it works as it should)....absolute pain in the arse to live with. From cleaning, refilling, swapping on mods (damn thing can stick on by accidently overtighting it to the mod...by screwing the top cap on..yeah, really is a complete fuck about with this tank)

S22, easy to live with, no leaks, mess, easy to refill, clean etc BUT..
The vape imo isnt as good as the n2, if jac vapour made this thing with similar airholes to the N2 for a tighter draw then the s22 would be nearing perfect imo.
The airflow is just too loose and open for a mtl set up which maybe wasnt getting as much flavour as the n2.

Thanks guy,

I'm glad to hear people share my experience with the N2. It was lovely at the beginning, nice flavour and love the draw and mouth feel. However, the problems of the coil being stuck to the steel cover rather than the tank is a pain. And I think after it happening several times over the past year, it actually ruined the flavour of the tank weirdly. Can't explain it but even after a thorough clean, the flavour is not as good as it used to be.

So without sounding too flash, I don't mind spending the extra money to get the £35 kit suggested over the S22, I just want one without leak issues and produces a good flavour.

I'm still quite new to vaping so may go Google these self build kits before considering. Tho I prefer simplicity and convenience as I've heard if ure in a rush to go out only to find u need to rewick, it can be a pain - compared to simply changing a coil anyway.

Edit:
Just seen the d22 zenith tank for £18, do i need the mod or will the zelos 2 be ok?

Thanks guy,

I'm glad to hear people share my experience with the N2. It was lovely at the beginning, nice flavour and love the draw and mouth feel. However, the problems of the coil being stuck to the steel cover rather than the tank is a pain. And I think after it happening several times over the past year, it actually ruined the flavour of the tank weirdly. Can't explain it but even after a thorough clean, the flavour is not as good as it used to be.

So without sounding too flash, I don't mind spending the extra money to get the £35 kit suggested over the S22, I just want one without leak issues and produces a good flavour.

I'm still quite new to vaping so may go Google these self build kits before considering. Tho I prefer simplicity and convenience as I've heard if ure in a rush to go out only to find u need to rewick, it can be a pain - compared to simply changing a coil anyway.

Edit:
Just seen the d22 zenith tank for £18, do i need the mod or will the zelos 2 be ok?

NOPE - D22 is the same 22mm diameter of the N2 - so a cheap d22 zenith is perfect for £18

original Zenith was 24mm diameter and would overhang a smidge - if that bothered you
but D22 should sit flush like the N2 with battery/mod of your old kit & ideal for you

comes with a 1.6 & a 0.8 Ohm coil - think the 0.8 one is fitted & sealed 1.6 coil
I use 1.6 at about 10w to 11w and get good flavour
but coil change is breeze - provided you align the lugs and it pops in flush (you'll suss it in seconds)
the refill is a blessing, twist open, fill - no leaks, unless you forget to twist it shut - duuuhhhh

Yup the N2 coil unscrewing - yes it can be a bitch, is why I could never chance taking the N2 out
if it unscrewed whilst refilling I didn't want all juice all over me
often at home I found if it went tits up I ended up stripping and cleaning it up after the mess etc....
(can't do that when you are out n about)
and why does the tank hold 2ml but when it pisses out it magically seems to hold more like 10ml ffs ???

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE D22 - it should have a black air ring at bottom me thinks
(ergh hard to see/notice on black tanks but on others it should be black at bottom)

HTB1uXRjXorrK1RkSne1q6ArVVXa9.jpg

If the retailer is showing silver or other colours with matching air ring - it is likely 24mm
not 101% this is gospel written in stone but think the D22 has black ring at bottom like pic

older 24ml diameter & 4ml version with larger window on first 3 tanks
& 2ml version with smaller window blue & purple tanks:

HTB1ZSDRuIuYBuNkSmRyq6AA3pXam.jpg

So you could get a black zenith in 2ml or 4ml 24mm version
Or a 2ml or 3ml D22 version - look very similar - especially in black
to get a 3ml or 4ml you need to order from China retailers as EU decided nope 2ml TPD limit bollox
But be careful what zenith you are buying as they look very very similar

Last edited:
NOPE - D22 is the same 22mm diameter of the N2 - so a cheap d22 zenith is perfect for £18

original Zenith was 24mm diameter and would overhang a smidge - if that bothered you
but D22 should sit flush like the N2 with battery/mod of your old kit & ideal for you

comes with a 1.6 & a 0.8 Ohm coil - think the 0.8 one is fitted & sealed 1.6 coil
I use 1.6 at about 10w to 11w and get good flavour
but coil change is breeze - provided you align the lugs and it pops in flush (you'll suss it in seconds)
the refill is a blessing, twist open, fill - no leaks, unless you forget to twist it shut - duuuhhhh

Yup the N2 coil unscrewing - yes it can be a bitch, is why I could never chance taking the N2 out
if it unscrewed whilst refilling I didn't want all juice all over me
often at home I found if it went tits up I ended up stripping and cleaning it up after the mess etc....
(can't do that when you are out n about)
and why does the tank hold 2ml but when it pisses out it magically seems to hold more like 10ml ffs ???

Cool. Will order one now. I assume this is still best caped with 50/50 only?

Also, have u guys heard of the site: pheonixeliquid?

Cool. Will order one now. I assume this is still best caped with 50/50 only?

Also, have u guys heard of the site: pheonixeliquid?

Vape it with what you normally use, 50/50 is the norm but a bit either way on the VG/PG mix will be fine
pretty decent coils in there, 4 holes around the coil so it should wick ok unless you using real syrup

dunno - don't ask me about brand liquids - I'm using up a slightly diluted stock of cheapo 88Vape atm
Maidens Tobacco 11mg 70PG/30VG diluted with Boots Glycerin to make about 7.8mg 50/50
Then looking to mix my own RY4 over xmas about 7.2mg 50/50

All I know juice goes in and vape comes out as it should rather than liquid out of glass sides/ports like N2

Vape it with what you normally use, 50/50 is the norm but a bit either way on the VG/PG mix will be fine
pretty decent coils in there, 4 holes around the coil so it should wick ok unless you using real syrup

dunno - don't ask me about brand liquids - I'm using up a slightly diluted stock of cheapo 88Vape atm
Maidens Tobacco 11mg 70PG/30VG diluted with Boots Glycerin to make about 7.8mg 50/50
Then looking to mix my own RY4 over xmas about 7.2mg 50/50

All I know juice goes in and vape comes out as it should rather than liquid out of glass sides/ports like N2
Thank you for your help.

I meant the website pheonixejuice rather than the juice as I've not heard of them before and can't find any online reviews

Thank you for your help.

I meant the website pheonixejuice rather than the juice as I've not heard of them before and can't find any online reviews

You mean phoenixeliquid.co.uk ????

https://phoenixeliquid.co.uk/product/innokin-zenith-d22-tank/

good price me thinks - never used them but looks legit
always check out contact details to see a place is UK than US/China reseller
but what it says....

Contact details:

1 The Manor Grove Centre
Vicarage Farm Road
Boongate
Peterborough
PE1 5UH
United Kingdom