What's new

New RTA... To mesh or not to mesh, newbie

Really, a single coil better than a mesh RTA ?
Whats the max watts you can get out of that?

Can i ask why the obsession with high wattage? It will all depend on what coil you fit, nothing to do with the tank ;)

I like that hit you get with the smoke
I have tried higher PG or Higher Nic but they don't suit, I like the little bit of a hit you get with a lot of smoke.

Its not smoke from a smoke machine, but its still called a smoke machine
What the hell do you call that stuff that looks like smoke come from your mouth after you vape ? Is it called Vape air stuff?

Believe it or not, when you burn the liquid it actually makes smoke

Its not smoke from a smoke machine, but its still called a smoke machine
What the hell do you call that stuff that looks like smoke come from your mouth after you vape ? Is it called Vape air stuff?

Believe it or not, when you burn the liquid it actually makes smoke
Vapour.. and you're not burning it either - nothing is combusting.

Really, a single coil better than a mesh RTA ?
Whats the max watts you can get out of that?

Yeah really, the proof of the pudding and all that, single coil setups can rival a lot of dual coils and certainly mesh at the moment, mesh RTA's haven't quite got there yet.

it also depends on which coil you're using, you can still get a warm vape at 45 watts or higher if you prefer, high wattage doesn't always equate to more flavour / throat hit, for example in a 1.2 ohm Mouth To Lung setup I can get a warmer vape, plenty of flavour with a stronger throat hit at a whopping 10 watts.

Best thing for you to do is to try one you feel comfortable with and evolve from there, we're always here to help if you need it.

Also the amount of Vapour (eVAPoration of liquid or smoke-lookalike if you prefer lol) makes little difference to throat hit, you can find a balance to suit your preference by different juice ratios and strength.

Not having a go but would you call steam Smoke?
(just a bit of banter)

Top Tip
If you really do want smoke coming out of your RTA then mesh is the way forward, less wick and high wattage WILL produce smoke and flames :18:

Oh I suppose, never really thought of it like that. Cheers Brightonvaper

OK So I want lots of Vapor.

One thing I dont get about mesh RTA is this:
When you have prebuilt coils the mesh surrounds the cotton in a 360 degree circle, but in the RTA it only hits the top, surely the bottom part of the cotton is going to stay wet while the top is going to dry out with each hit?
Why dont they have 2 half circles that you attach together then pull the cotton through the mesh, surely that would provide equal coverage.

Oh I suppose, never really thought of it like that. Cheers Brightonvaper

OK So I want lots of Vapor.

One thing I dont get about mesh RTA is this:
When you have prebuilt coils the mesh surrounds the cotton in a 360 degree circle, but in the RTA it only hits the top, surely the bottom part of the cotton is going to stay wet while the top is going to dry out with each hit?
Why dont they have 2 half circles that you attach together then pull the cotton through the mesh, surely that would provide equal coverage.

Lots of Vapour generally comes at the cost of flavour but if that's your thing then something like the Blotto or BULK RTA would suit you better.

Good point about the Mesh though if you look at your stock coils you will notice the opposite where the cotton surrounds a vertical tube of mesh, I believe the future will try and mimic stock coil setups with vertical style builds, wicking won't be as easy though.

Lots of Vapour generally comes at the cost of flavour but if that's your thing then something like the Blotto or BULK RTA would suit you better.

Good point about the Mesh though if you look at your stock coils you will notice the opposite where the cotton surrounds a vertical tube of mesh, I believe the future will try and mimic stock coil setups with vertical style builds, wicking won't be as easy though.
Been done with vertical mesh but cotton inside & was a blinding success ;) https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...ds/iris-mesh-rda-–-dual-mesh-coil-rda.158017/
Pretty sure VV had something similar.

Back
Top Bottom