What's new

New LG HG2 totally dead after 2 charges!!?!?

Chargers wont recharge a cell below a certain voltage. Sounds like you are running them too low at a guess. You have a multimeter?
They where both full I took 10 hits at .34ohm one the 2nd one the 1st one when from full charge to dead in zero hits

2 things either something is creating a short and draining the batteries beyhond recovery. or second you are over using them past the point they are meant to be used, with a mech there is no cut off so although it may give a weak vape it will still try and draw the required power.
I say this as both batteries have gone dead after using them in the mech try a different set of batteries or another battery in the charger but don't use it in your mech use it in a regulated mod. It will then answer wether its the charger or the mech thats the problem

Last edited:
The LG hg2 has a protection circuit safety cutoff set for 2.5v, if they have been discharged beyond that point...the circuit kills them to stop a thermal runaway.

I know the d2 will attempt to revive the battery but if the circuit has been triggered they may not be recoverable and even if the charger manages to bring life back to the cell... the condition of the battery and its ability to hold charge could be serverly compromised making them unusable for sub ohm/higher amp vaping.

But on the other hand I find it strange that the nitecore doesn't show it's error code when the batteries are inserted.

Usually the nitecore d2/d4 chargers test the batteries and then attempt to revive if needed and if they can't be revived and are damaged show 'ERR'. @Lee Murphy Are you sure the d2 is not registering the batteries being inserted?

2 things either something is creating a short and draining the batteries beyhond recovery. or second you are over using them past the point they are meant to be used, with a mech there is no cut off so although it may give a weak vape it will still try and draw the required power.
I say this as both batteries have gone dead after using them in the mech try a different set of batteries or another battery in the charger but don't use it in your mech use it in a regulated mod. It will then answer wether its the charger or the mech thats the problem
100% I'm not draining them to low.. I have hardly used them!

After looking at your responses i would simply say the batteries are from a bad batch, unusual yes but not impossible, i would contact where you bought them

I believe there were a lot of fake LG HG2s going around for a while that were only 10 amps or something. Someone posted a comparison picture to help identify the fake ones but I don't have it.
@Huggett might be able to help.

Back
Top Bottom