What's new

My scientific mind got the better of me! [SURVEY]

JoeSmart

Postman
My scientific mind and joy of research has taken over again and I'd love to do a bit of research into vaping habits relating to your old smoking habits.

What I want to know is:

1. What you used to smoke (brand)

2. What favour e-liquid you use.

3. How many you smoked.

4. What nicotine content your e-liquid has.

5. Do you prefer throat hit, big clouds, or a balance.

I myself smoked about 10 marlboro reds or rollies a day, now I love fruit flavours especially citrus and love big plumes of vapour and use 8mg eliquid.

I think this relates to me smoking strong tobacco flavour cigarettes, roll ups and marlboro reds both being pretty strong and stinky and citrus being light and fruity is about as far away from that as I can get. I think that's why I like it, it avoids temptation. It's also nicer to vape indoors in my room or car if it smells good, what's the point in being able to "smoke" inside if it still smells of smoke, all be it for a short space of time.

USA Gold in the states, but Newports for about 10 years

Anything deserty

3. How many you smoked.
a pack and a half or 2 a day

9-12mg

Clouds. I dont like TH

superking blacks + rollies
pluid
3. How many you smoked.
20+
12mg
used to be throat hit , now balanced

Golden Virginia with menthol filter tips

Experimenting with all sorts - not a fan of tobacco flavours so far but will give most things a go #YOLO

3. How many you smoked.
15-20 a day

18mg, trying a few 12's though

A balance, I like 50/50 juices so far.

1. Regal King size
2. Chop and change.....
3. 20 a day
4. Varies between 6 and 18mg depending on my needs
5. A balance but leaving towards good flavour

1. Golden Virginia Roll ups

2. Cherry (The search for a good one continues! But I am enjoying the capella cherry flavour...I'll stick with that for a bit.) Anything fruity tbh. But not banana - banana is the devil.

3. I smoked between 20 and 30ish a day. But never smoked a full rollup - often chuck it away after four or five drags.

4. ATM anywhere between 16 and 24. Some of the stuff I've made myself and measured out...but I'm not the most accurate, it could fall anywhere down to about 10.

5. I prefer a mixture. If the TH isn't there then I dont feel fulfilled. Same for the clouds. Thats what put me off the cigalikes...never got either to the strength I needed to get off the virginia.

I agree with all your last paragraph. I went stronger, but have gone for a lighter fruitier vape. Not at all interested in the taste of tobacco. I just need the TH and the clouds to satisfy my addictive cravings :D

Let us know your conclusions if you reach any!

1) drum
2) sweet and fruity (like me!)
3) 15 a day give or take
4) 6mg
5) fluffy clouds and flavour

Thanks all! Some interesting results coming in! Seems people find roll ups harder to kick, and that pushes them to stronger nic. content and fruitier flavours and like clouds and flavour. But people smoking "straights" seem to just go for a realistic smoking experience with tobacco flavours (or a variety) and throat hit and clouds balanced.

Keep it coming :D

Guess I've buggered that theory then!

1. Old Holborn but before that it was Capstan Full Strength, Seniors, Players, anything as long as it wasn't a girly fag.
2. T-juices Cubana atm plus Bargain Vapours Irish Cream as a change.
3. 6oz p/week
4. 24mg normally but the Cubana is 16mg. Probably as it's a cigar flavour.
5. 40/40 taste and TH. Vapour as it comes.

Nothing for the last 7 years and seeing as I used to scrat dog-ends when I was homeless I've never been big on brands.

2. What flavour e-liquid you use
DIY banana custard is my go-to juice, but I tend to dip in to loads during the day

3. How many you smoked
40-60 when I was repping, around 20 on an average day for the rest

4. What nicotine content
6mg-12mg

5. Do you prefer throat hit, big clouds, or a balance
Flavour

Back
Top Bottom