What's new

Menthol yuckiness clinging to RDA like Satans farts

Kezza1.0

Postman
Hallo. I bought a used RDA which had evidently sat around for ages with menthol or Heisenberg or some other nastiness coating it's innards. Given it a proper clean with hot water and soap, in the ultrasonic for several cycles and still it tastes horrible. Can't even shift the brown stains on the bottom (sorry).
Any tips?

Milton fluid, Bicarb both remove smells/taste & a sterilising/denture tablet after. As for staining a small wire brush should shift the worse, the type used for cleaning coils. You'll likely need to rinse & repeat.

Thank you both! I'll give it a soaking in Bicarb and a bloody good scrub, then a vinegar soaking.

I use isopropyl alcohol on everything but plastic, cheap as chips.
Or as @zouzounaki said, soak in cheap distilled white vinegar for a hour and use a Q-TIP

Mix the soda crystals and vinegar in a small cup with the rda in it. It will fizz and foam up. Then leave it to steep in there for an hour and you should be good.

I can vouch for Milton tablets. You only need a tiny bit of one but worked a treat for me.
I’ve seen quorax mentioning boiling in milk. I’m not sure I’m brave enough to try that

Back
Top Bottom