What's new

Lost vape drone .. I hate it

I went through dozens of squonk mods and the inbox's are still my favourite. The old DNA 75 board is sound and the size and shape looks good and works perfectly. The lost vape therion 75c was just too chunky. The old halcyon nailed thing's too. The cheap old pico squeeze was the best all roand basic squonker I ever used and the inbox added that level of adjustability.
Of course you could spend serious money on some lovely gear like the beautiful freehand mech/mosfet or dicodes model but pound for pound that pico was about £15 and the inbox was around £60. You can still find the inbox on health cabin but you'll pay £110+ for one now. Still worth every penny (wouldn't be without my two) but not the bargain it once was.
I actually use the wismec df dual cell squonker for high power stuff now as it's so compact, the board works great and the bottle works and sits right in the hand. It can be found on offer in china for around £40 now which is a bargain as it was around a hundred notes for ages.

Have you had your squeeze 2 TC working?
Yeah it was a little confusing in the menu but you have to set the wattage high while in TC Mode but it works a charm :)

The reason the Pulse Dual managed it was mostly due to it's basic chipset not being as deep as the Evolv DNA and the shoved the 510 to the edge which I don't like ,I like the symmetry of the Drone.

Best use of space I've seen in a dual battery squonker is the Nikola Niagara, amazingly compact but again it had a very basic chipset (wattage only).

Niagara-12.jpg

I miss my drone at times but just cant get away from the Topside Dual, the bottle filling is sublime. I fancy trying the Dyadic.

More hate than love for me. I swore I would give LV products a wide birth after the shitness of the firing mechanism on the furyan. Alas, I got seduced by the light weight of the Drone V2 and the drop in RRP. One of several annoyances for me is how much the thing creeks when used. My one also developed a crack in the cheap plastics around the firing button, despite never being dropped or toppled over. Maybe it’s just a dud. Either way I can’t see it outliving my Drone v1 which has to be a ‘hall of fame’ contender.

I miss my drone at times but just cant get away from the Topside Dual, the bottle filling is sublime. I fancy trying the Dyadic.

I fancy trying the Dyadic as well. I enjoyed the similar form factor of the SXK Boxer before it died on me. Quite like the screen on it as well.

The Dyadic is ok, power only with Std, Power & Power+. Side refill is messy unless you use narrow tipped bottles. Both covers have to be removed when swapping batteries & no centred 510. Other than it's not bad :)2

Yeah it was a little confusing in the menu but you have to set the wattage high while in TC Mode but it works a charm :)

The reason the Pulse Dual managed it was mostly due to it's basic chipset not being as deep as the Evolv DNA and the shoved the 510 to the edge which I don't like ,I like the symmetry of the Drone.

Best use of space I've seen in a dual battery squonker is the Nikola Niagara, amazingly compact but again it had a very basic chipset (wattage only).

View attachment 202805

That makes sense now I have just seen the size of the DNA board ... :)

Will have to try that with the, squeeze 2 atm I select SS 316 and after 1 puff it defaults to wattage mode @ 10 watts. However I have seen something about TC and the firmware update.

TBH the topside is probably going to be my next accidental purchase (the "buy it" button on my laptop is faulty ;) ) .. that is when I figure if I want single 21700 or duel 18650..

More hate than love for me. I swore I would give LV products a wide birth after the shitness of the firing mechanism on the furyan. Alas, I got seduced by the light weight of the Drone V2 and the drop in RRP. One of several annoyances for me is how much the thing creeks when used. My one also developed a crack in the cheap plastics around the firing button, despite never being dropped or toppled over. Maybe it’s just a dud. Either way I can’t see it outliving my Drone v1 which has to be a ‘hall of fame’ contender.
That was the first of what I call "the bad times". Somethings definitely went on at lost vape after the original therion. Solid, good quality mods designed well suddenly disappeared and slightly fugly disproportionate mods that where very lightweight in quality, fit and finish appeared. The short lived mirage was ok but very lightweight and tall. The therion and therion bf where expanded with a lot of plastic so 21700 cells and DNA C boards could be shoe horned in.
Seems they realized and moved premises setting up a whole new factory. They're yet to release anything new apart from the lyra pods and orion plus.
Check out the corals, epetite, esquare and halcyon from the old range for a far better product all round.

That was the first of what I call "the bad times". Somethings definitely went on at lost vape after the original therion. Solid, good quality mods designed well suddenly disappeared and slightly fugly disproportionate mods that where very lightweight in quality, fit and finish appeared. The short lived mirage was ok but very lightweight and tall. The therion and therion bf where expanded with a lot of plastic so 21700 cells and DNA C boards could be shoe horned in.
Seems they realized and moved premises setting up a whole new factory. They're yet to release anything new apart from the lyra pods and orion plus.
Check out the corals, epetite, esquare and halcyon from the old range for a far better product all round.
True, the older stuff was solid & generally well built. The original Drone is a tank compared to the 250C, wish they'd just put the new board in the old chassis. Dimensionally they appear identical so shouldn't have been more than a rejig of the fascia.
If you have the original Orion DNA just update the software with Escribe & voila an Orion Plus & £60 still in your pocket. The pods are swappable so if you want the new ones they fit, & the 0.25 coil feels better now. They must have increased the airflow with the swappable coils.

True, the older stuff was solid & generally well built. The original Drone is a tank compared to the 250C, wish they'd just put the new board in the old chassis. Dimensionally they appear identical so shouldn't have been more than a rejig of the fascia.
If you have the original Orion DNA just update the software with Escribe & voila an Orion Plus & £60 still in your pocket. The pods are swappable so if you want the new ones they fit, & the 0.25 coil feels better now. They must have increased the airflow with the swappable coils.
Yeah I stuck a thread in the mtl section the other day. Good to see lost vape are returning to long term commitment to upgrading and guarantees. Just need to release an updated version of the original mod and squonker line and they'll be golden.

Back
Top Bottom