What's new

Lost Gearbest item, now resolved!!

Arctic_Wolf

Achiever
Am posting as an expensive package from Gearbest has gone missing and they're fobbing me off with excuses and BS. Has anyone else had a lost package with Gearbest and how did you successfully resolve the problem please??????

On 30 Sept I purchased a VTBox200 from Gearbest. I paid for priority air mail AND I paid an insurance premium to cover me in case of problems (such as a lost package) that stated Gearbest would send a replacement straight away if a package was lost, damaged or DOA!!

According to the tracking info which I have checked daily since ordering....... On 10 October the package apparently arrived in Dubai. Since that date, the package hasn't moved at all and there is no destination country listed under the supplied tracking info given by Gearbest. The package isn't moving and is to all intents and purposes lost as it can't be tracked.

I've raised a ticket with Gearbest who keep telling me the same thing over and over. Contact my local post office. I've done this but Royal Mail has the same information I do about this package, NOTHING!!

Gearbest are now telling me I'll have to wait 180 days before they'll do anything despite the fact I paid for priority air mail and insurance to cover my order!!

Has anyone else had a similar problem and how was it solved please?

This was my first order with Gearbest and at this rate it WILL be my LAST!! I'm absolutely disgusted with the way they're handling this case and repeatedly fobbing me off with the same excuses despite me making it very clear to them that I've already done what they have asked.

In their last message, they even went as far as implying I had incorrectly filled in my address in the address book in my profile and asked me to verify it. The details were all 100% correct. All I'm getting is stone walled and apparently they're completely refusing to honour the insurance premium I paid as well.

If you can please help with the resolution of this type of problem please provide any helpful information.

Many thanks,
Wolfy.

I would say start a PayPal claim but when I tried that Gearbest just told PayPal that it was an ecig and therefore didn't meet their terms and conditions and closed the dispute.

Unfortunately I think you're just going to have to sit it out and see what happens. Treat this as a lesson and avoid using Gearbest, or China in general for expensive purchases. I now use the rule that if I don't mind it not turning up and the saving outweighs the risk I order from China. If not I order from trusted Uk companies.

How expensive and what payment method did you use? I'm assuming paypal but what did you use to fund paypal?

@gearbest.com

I just spent a bunch of money with you myself on the advice of Arctic_Wolf , and I won't be doing that again if this is how you deal with customers who don't receive goods even after paying extra to protect their purchase.
Help this nice fella out!!

Ouch, I am very sorry to hear you are having this experience!

Can you possibly speak to someone from Gearbest on the Forum? I know there are some people here who could likely help you out.

I have generally had positive experiences, but understand this is far from what you would expect, especially as you payed the premium for insurance. What method did you use? I find British Express to be the best method for shipping items.

I really hope you can get this sorted, I did have a few problems in the past with an expensive item too, which did get sorted (A DNA 200).
If anyone from Gearbest can see this thread, please help out, as customers are the people who spread the word about the company, and the better service they get, the more likely you will be recommended to other people.

EDIT: @vapemac brings up a good point- I am sure if you pay by something like a credit card you have extra cover from the Credit card, so the method you used to pay may actually help you out in this situation.

[QUOTE="conanthewarrior, post: 1341370,] EDIT: @vapemac brings up a good point- I am sure if you pay by something like a credit card you have extra cover from the Credit card, so the method you used to pay may actually help you out in this situation.[/QUOTE]

Yep, if its over £100 then article 75 gives you protection on your credit card. If its under £100 or the purchase was made on a debit card then you'd be looking at a chargeback. Check out the link below. Its pretty good.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback

Please use PayPal as your first line of defense though because your bank will probably want to see that you've used their process first.

Ideally if @gearbest could sort it out here then that would be the quickest route

I threatened GB with a Paypal dispute after a week of listening to their bullshit.Instructing me to check the post office,go around asking my neighbours etc.As, order was showing as delivered on tracking,which it hadn't been.
Received a credit within a day,without having to actually raise the dispute.

Post on the Gearbest sub forum and update daily.

The potential loss of customers is a nice incentive to solve an issue.

Back
Top Bottom