What's new

Looking for a new mod

when chain vaping the top cap can get a little hot. I hope that I can get this problem eliminated using TC,

TC won't stop the cap getting hot.

I'd say the average chosen temp is somewhere in the region of 200°c (give or take).

If the coil is hot enough to vaporise the juice, it's hot enough to heat up the atty, especially noticeable if you're chaining it.

You could buy the extension kit. It raises the capacity to 4ml and still keeps it compact and looking good. The slight increase in chimney height will make a slight difference to the warmth. Also could try one of the plastic kflite drip tips. As said above tc will still heat the coil and hence still heat the atty.

You could buy the extension kit. It raises the capacity to 4ml and still keeps it compact and looking good. The slight increase in chimney height will make a slight difference to the warmth. Also could try one of the plastic kflite drip tips. As said above tc will still heat the coil and hence still heat the atty.
Good choice. I bought the matching pei drip tips for all of mine. Never more than pleasantly warm.
Need cleaning often though. Today's one looks like a chocolate matchmaker.

Good choice. I bought the matching pei drip tips for all of mine. Never more than pleasantly warm.
Need cleaning often though. Today's one looks like a chocolate matchmaker.
Do you have the extension kits too? Yes the clear tips do darken very quickly but I kinda like it.

Do you have the extension kits too? Yes the clear tips do darken very quickly but I kinda like it.
I've literal just ordered a couple actually bud. Hopefully they'll turn up tomorrow.
Didn't like the metal tips on arrival but I've never been a fan of kayfun standard tips.

I've literal just ordered a couple actually bud. Hopefully they'll turn up tomorrow.
Didn't like the metal tips on arrival but I've never been a fan of kayfun standard tips.
Good choice! I don’t like the metal tips but I really enjoy the plastic ones.

I have an extension kit laying around here somewhere so I'll definitely give it a go!
It took me a while to ditch the Ni80 and to start using kanthal and SS316 again, the vape was just waaaaaaay to hot and my juice started to go brown after 2 ml's of vaping. Now I'm using 27 or 28 ga kanthal and I can live with the slight heating of the top cap.
But still I'm very interested in TC and I'd love to hear some tips and opinions! Only used it a few times on other mods and never really got the experience that I was looking for...

So the decision has been made and after a 14 day (!) delivery period, it finally arrived! I'm so happy that I made this choice, the menu drives me a bit mad but I can live with it :)

I thought that the mod came with a NiFe30 wire sample but I didn't receive it. Any thoughts on this wire? How is the flavour compared to SS316? What resistance do you aim for if you're used to - let's say - a 1 ohm kanthal build at 14 Watts? Do you dry burn it, space it,...? Any info is welcome! I love my Kayfun Lite and I'm considering buying a second one, but when chain vaping the top cap can get a little hot. I hope that I can get this problem eliminated using TC, and then I'll have my perfect setup :)
I use the Dicodes nife30 resistherm wire for my tc builds ... 6/7 wraps 2.5mm id gives around 0.35 ohms spaced coil. I dry burn at around 12 watts and set my tc temperature at 430F and 30 watts.

I have an extension kit laying around here somewhere so I'll definitely give it a go!
It took me a while to ditch the Ni80 and to start using kanthal and SS316 again, the vape was just waaaaaaay to hot and my juice started to go brown after 2 ml's of vaping. Now I'm using 27 or 28 ga kanthal and I can live with the slight heating of the top cap.
But still I'm very interested in TC and I'd love to hear some tips and opinions! Only used it a few times on other mods and never really got the experience that I was looking for...
Nife 30 is definitely the most stable tc choice (think I use 7 wraps of 27awg , 2.5mm coils as ever due to that hitting the perfect ohm point). Only issue is it's a constant job with dark tobacco juice as it coats within a couple of days and the flavour drops out. No real cleaning it either. Very good otherwise.

Nife 30 is definitely the most stable tc choice (think I use 7 wraps of 27awg , 2.5mm coils as ever due to that hitting the perfect ohm point). Only issue is it's a constant job with dark tobacco juice as it coats within a couple of days and the flavour drops out. No real cleaning it either. Very good otherwise.
I'm used to this, currently Element honey roasted is my favourite tobacco-based juice and I see how the flavour drops and tends to destroy the coil.
What resistance are you reading with 27AWG and 7 wraps?

Back
Top Bottom