What's new

Koopor Mini Update

paulbee

Achiever
Hello all

So I have managed to bag one of these used and cheap so thought it would be worth a punt!

Been reading up on the updating of it and that it can be done at home, has anyone tried this or do you know anyone who has had it updated please?

Cheers

Paul

I have 2 of these. I did have a look and read something about it needed to be sent away. Would be nice to do it myself.

From what i read you need a st link v2 programming cable thing, its abit over my head. Had a quick google and think amazon sell them but unsure if its the right one.

I believe @domejunky has updated these. You might want to ask him how he did it. I understand it does involve purchasing cables and perhaps some software.

SMOK really dropped the ball with the Koopor Mini. Could have been such a great device..... if it weren't for that 4 second delay after hitting the fire button :)

Also interested in this, does anyone know where I can send it for upgrade etc (I'm in Derby)

I bought one of these cheap ( also came with a free LG battery ), but as it stands the battery life on this, even in Wattage mode, is poor. Last time I used it, at 40W it registered 150 puffs (294 seconds). In TC mode it gets worse ( the reason I bought it )

I contacted @domejunky who was willing to do the firmware upgrade but have decided not to hassle him with it. I'm just putting it down to experience and happy I got a £6-£7 battery for free.

Just gonna go straight to a Reuleaux DNA200/RX200 or the like next time.

This is the reason I didn't also get it's big brother. Lovely mod but having all that faff to upgrade, no thanks.

It does me for around a whole day at work in tc mode, but I won't get another.

I've decided that it's easier and cheaper to send my programmer + cable out to people than send the mod to me. It's on loan to @craggler58 at the moment. If he has success with it, then I'm happy for him to send it to the next victim.

You'll need a windows PC and the instructions and software that I'll post in a sec...

Back
Top Bottom