What's new

Kayfun V4 Clone Arrived - Gobsmacked

OK update time.

Gold spring installed no difference at all.
It is definitely the juice flow control causing the issue. As long as it's 100% open the ohms are perfectly stable. If I close the juice flow even 1/4 of a turn the ohms go mental.

Btw the spring from the v4 fits and works better than the stock spring the expromiser comes with.

Last edited:
So I see Cloud 9 have a glass tank/chimney extension kit that increases the tank capacity to 6ml. Has anyone got this and, even better, photos of it in place on a clone or original?

OK update time.

It is definitely the juice flow control causing the issue. As long as it's 100% open the ohms are perfectly stable. If I close the juice flow even 1/4 of a turn the ohms go mental.

Btw the spring from the v4 fits and works better than the stock spring the expromiser comes with.

That's a shame, thanks for the update.

OK update time.

OK one last mad thing, check the 510 screw If it is slightly loose on my clone then I can get a check atty reading on my vaporshark...

I dont know if this has been solved by some or not but the reason the juice control gets loose is because of the big flat, under the build deck gets loose. If u tighten that and also the 510. Its can get nice and snug. Dont go too tight though as it can get too tight. Ps. Ive bought 10 hcigar clones..and 5 that have been used so far have been pretty awesome!

OK one last mad thing, check the 510 screw If it is slightly loose on my clone then I can get a check atty reading on my vaporshark...

I have noticed the screw does come loose quite easily but it doesn't seem to cause any issues.

If be interested to know if anyone else had tried closing off the juice flow slightly while it's on a device with a constant ohms display to see if they get the same results as me.

Now I know what seems to be the cause on mine it works perfectly. Just have to remember to give it a little twist when I put it on a device to make sure it's totally open.

I have noticed the screw does come loose quite easily but it doesn't seem to cause any issues.

If be interested to know if anyone else had tried closing off the juice flow slightly while it's on a device with a constant ohms display to see if they get the same results as me.

Now I know what seems to be the cause on mine it works perfectly. Just have to remember to give it a little twist when I put it on a device to make sure it's totally open.

It's beginning to sound like you have the inverse of the normal problem - usually its the positive (510) thats problem but this is beginning to sound like problems with the machining tolerances causing problems on the return path to the Negative connection, if the juice flow control isnt open all the way then there is play in the threads causing changes in resistance - I'm not sure if there is anything you can do about that. I've tried twiddling around with mine and I dont seem to have that problem...

Tubbyengineer well I do like to be different :-P

Maybe when I'm feeling brave I'll strip the whole thing down. It's weird cos all the threads are nice and smooth, nothing sticks or crunches and it works perfectly other than that. I'd happily buy a second one if that was the only issue it ever had.

I've been running one of the Steam Tuners spring update thingies (technical term) for the past couple of weeks and it works quite well to stabilise the resistance while running ni200 builds :)
Pyr0

I ordered a pair on Friday and received them today. Did you have any issues? I've tried both and they seem a little bit too big for the derlin and I can't get it to fit properly.

Pyr0

I ordered a pair on Friday and received them today. Did you have any issues? I've tried both and they seem a little bit too big for the derlin and I can't get it to fit properly.
Hi rune
Nope, no problems fitting it on my FT KFv4 clone (SKU 2018000)
The little white delrin piece in the bottom of my KFv4 (A10) is actually a little looser on my steamtuners "spring update" than it is on the original nut.

Back
Top Bottom