What's new

Kangertech kbox 70w

owen1975

Postman
Bought the device early Feb to use with my nautilus tank only running it on wattage at 15w work five until yesterday all it says now when firing is 'temp high' does anyone know why that is it does the same on any tank I put in it, is it broken if so didn't even last a month what are my options ?

Similar story here. Bought the Kangertech Kbox 70w in January. Used with Aspire Mini Nautilus exclusively. Fire at 11w only. Worked fine until this morning. Now it mainly reads "Temp High" when fired. Crawling the forums for clues but no luck yet.

I couldn't find anything also it then decided not to fire on any tank then read a sub ohm coil at 4.5ohms so I turned it off the screen went blank then every couple of minutes it just came on on its own and said off think it was buggered so I got rid of it

It hasn't accidentally slipped into Temperature Control mode, has it? Have you confirmed it's deffo in Wattage mode, when you get the "High Temp" message?

Definitely appears to be in Wattage mode. Have fired three times quickly to cycle through the modes to confirm. Left it in my car for 30 min this morning. It was cold to the touch but then worked fine for a bit. Only to return to Temp High once back in the house.

there was a reset type thing for the 50w box, that worked for certain things, remove the battery hold down all the buttons and re-insert the battery seems to reset it a bit, try that worked on the 50w when it was reading check atomiser... try that it might help

Sounds like the internal thermostat may be shot, or may just be firmware related. Might be worth completely discharging the battery, leaving it for a couple of hours, then charging it up, and seeing if it's "forgotten" it's problem. :)

Hey, just made an account for this as a quick google search brought me here.

I had been having the same issue, the Kbox 70 was always reading Temp High, and also often asking if I had put on a new atomizer.
It was really getting annoying after 1-2 weeks of having the issue, but I fixed it just by giving the insides a clean.

• Power off your Kbox
• Unscrew the top and carefully pull out the batteries
• Give it a good wipe down, in and around the batteries and wiring with a q-tip
• Give it a blow inside to get any dust or dirt you couldn't get with the q-tip
• Reinsert the batteries in to the box

Worked for me, absolutely no issues anymore. Can't believe it just needed a clean. Hope the same works for others.

I've also been having the same problem no matter what tank I use/coil its still saying high temp. I've tried cleaning it, resting it and its still saying the same thing?

Back
Top Bottom