What's new

Just tried the SMOK TFV4 Micro 1.8ohm Clapton MTL coils....

davrog

Achiever
Having owned a couple of TFV4 Micro tanks for a few months, I decided I fancied trying out their "MTL" range of coils for these tanks, so ordered a single 1.8ohm Clapton MTL coil, which arrived today.

Management Summary: - Truly outstanding flavour at 25w, but, in this tank, still no good for mouth to lung vaping. :)

The Detailed Analysis

I tried the coil initially at 13.5w, because that's where I'd typically vape a 1.8ohm coil..... very poor results; hardly any vapour, and almost no flavour. I then checked the SMOK website and saw that the 1.8ohm clapton MTL coil is rated 15-30w. So my bad, I was running it underpowered.

Knocked it straight up to 20w ..... ooooh, very nice flavour, and a lot more vapour. Next tried it at 25w. I was vaping Sleekit Juice's "Crunch", and I can honestly say that the flavour here was the best I've ever tasted it. (and that includes on Velocity and Magma Reborn drippers). Really rich, deep, flavourful taste.

Went up up 30w - no burning whatsoever, and tons of flavour but too hot a vape for me.

So 25w was the sweetspot. Now the burning question - how does the SMOK TFV4 Micro with this 1.8 coil perform for mouth-to-lung?

Sadly, not good at all. It's not the coil. This is the best pre-made coil I've ever used. It's the tank. It just isn't set up in terms of airflow, for MTL. Anything other than completely closing the airflow slots, results in just far too airy a draw for MTL. If you close the airflow slots (or leave them literally a quarter of a mm open), the vape just get's uncomfortably choked up and hot.

The tank has four large airflow slots, which makes it such a good tank for direct lung, but for MTL, it's just no good.

Buuuut.... With the airflow set at 50%, and with this 1.8ohm coil at 25w, you get a staggeringly good direct lung. Yes it takes a little longer to fill your lungs but the flavour is seriously out of this world.

So, if you have a TFV4 Micro tank, I recommend trying one of the 1.8 ohm coils at 25w, direct lung.

I got mine for £2.99 from Go-Liquid, who offer free 1st class postage on every order, even for just a single coil.

https://www.go-liquid.co.uk/Store/smok-micro-atomiser-coils.html

:)

Hi

Yes I use these all the time, my favourites, good MTL although a bit too much air for some maybe

Glasvapour

Having owned a couple of TFV4 Micro tanks for a few months, I decided I fancied trying out their "MTL" range of coils for these tanks, so ordered a single 1.8ohm Clapton MTL coil, which arrived today.

Management Summary: - Truly outstanding flavour at 25w, but, in this tank, still no good for mouth to lung vaping. :)

The Detailed Analysis

I tried the coil initially at 13.5w, because that's where I'd typically vape a 1.8ohm coil..... very poor results; hardly any vapour, and almost no flavour. I then checked the SMOK website and saw that the 1.8ohm clapton MTL coil is rated 15-30w. So my bad, I was running it underpowered.

Knocked it straight up to 20w ..... ooooh, very nice flavour, and a lot more vapour. Next tried it at 25w. I was vaping Sleekit Juice's "Crunch", and I can honestly say that the flavour here was the best I've ever tasted it. (and that includes on Velocity and Magma Reborn drippers). Really rich, deep, flavourful taste.

Went up up 30w - no burning whatsoever, and tons of flavour but too hot a vape for me.

So 25w was the sweetspot. Now the burning question - how does the SMOK TFV4 Micro with this 1.8 coil perform for mouth-to-lung?

Sadly, not good at all. It's not the coil. This is the best pre-made coil I've ever used. It's the tank. It just isn't set up in terms of airflow, for MTL. Anything other than completely closing the airflow slots, results in just far too airy a draw for MTL. If you close the airflow slots (or leave them literally a quarter of a mm open), the vape just get's uncomfortably choked up and hot.

The tank has four large airflow slots, which makes it such a good tank for direct lung, but for MTL, it's just no good.

Buuuut.... With the airflow set at 50%, and with this 1.8ohm coil at 25w, you get a staggeringly good direct lung. Yes it takes a little longer to fill your lungs but the flavour is seriously out of this world.

So, if you have a TFV4 Micro tank, I recommend trying one of the 1.8 ohm coils at 25w, direct lung.

I got mine for £2.99 from Go-Liquid, who offer free 1st class postage on every order, even for just a single coil.

https://www.go-liquid.co.uk/Store/smok-micro-atomiser-coils.html

:)

ok, I'm sold on the coils ...... now what other tanks do they fit in that isn't as airy as an airy thing from planet airy?

So... any other smok tanks that take these coils? Or indeed any other smok tanks suitable for MTL?

Back
Top Bottom