What's new

Is squonking dead?

Cheers,

staying away from Topside, had 2, both had door issues. I’ll look at the other suggestions.
The lite doesn’t have the door issues that the dual does...
Plus think I seen somewhere they have tried fixing the issue on the dual now too...

Last edited:
I still love a squonk mod. Rda 's offer so much flexibility and easy access for builds.
I've always a couple on the go. It's nice not to worry about wicking issue's and to have the extra capacity.
My hcigar DNA inbox 's have never let me down and I've a few others held in back up but would definitely save for something like the gloom of I needed a new long lifer.
But they definitely aren't in fashion with China this season, lol. History tells me they will return shortly.

814F2C33-1CD0-458C-A56F-FD299F15DF17.jpeg

I had the door issue on two Topside Duals, I bought two replacement doors directly from the manufacturers only to find, when they arrived, that fitting it was way beyond my abilities (I couldn't actually get all the screws out without ruining the threads), so I messaged them and they agreed for me to send both to them and they'd repair them free of charge. All it cost was insured postage there and about a tenner for them to send them back. Strangely, one of the repaired Topside's had the updated door on it which looks much stronger, the other the standard door. The whole thing took about five weeks or so at a cost of around £25.

Needless to say, the standard door has now broken again so I use it with elastic bands around it, not ideal but there you go, i'm not springing £60-70 on a mod that's going to go tits up on me the first time I drop it. The updated door is perfect, i'd probably still buy another if I knew it had the new door fitted. When I first got one, I knew straight away that if there was a flaw, it'd be in the door so i'm not sure why the boffins over there didn't spot it, give it some thought and go to the updated door straight away.

If it wasn't for that door issue these mods would easily be the best mods i've ever owned.

only use regulated squonks here: topsite dual & lite, Wotofo Dyadic and Pulsev2.

I hope squonking is not dead. somebody give that Brian fella a nudge to do a Dual Lite and a SQ Regulated Topside. Take my money!

only use regulated squonks here: topsite dual & lite, Wotofo Dyadic and Pulsev2.

I hope squonking is not dead. somebody give that Brian fella a nudge to do a Dual Lite and a SQ Regulated Topside. Take my money!

Geekvape need to pull their fingers out & get on with an 21700 Aegis Squonk too

Back
Top Bottom