What's new

Is squonking dead?

Maybe we've reached a peak for the moment with rebuildables and mods?

I can't think of the last thing that could be considered a real must have or game changer... it's more just refinement and re-designs of existing gear.

Then again, perhaps you could argue with companies focusing so much on pods and AIOs that they'll have little time and resources to bring any new innovations to other areas of the market.

What more do we really need though?

Maybe we've reached a peak for the moment with rebuildables and mods?

I can't think of the last thing that could be considered a real must have or game changer... it's more just refinement and re-designs of existing gear.

Then again, perhaps you could argue with companies focusing so much on pods and AIOs that they'll have little time and resources to bring any new innovations to other areas of the market.

What more do we really need though?
You could say the same about anything. Cars, washing machines, games consoles - we don’t “need” anything else. Yet toothpaste embraces incredible developments, shampoo finds a new miracle substance every week and even pants are finding new ways to hold my dick in place.

It’s about want, not need ;)

You could say the same about anything. Cars, washing machines, games consoles - we don’t “need” anything else. Yet toothpaste embraces incredible developments, shampoo finds a new miracle substance every week and even pants are finding new ways to hold my dick in place.

It’s about want, not need ;)

This is true, they have to keep us spending money somehow... and with vaping that currently seems to be the latest and greatest pod (or those awful disposables).

Tell me more about these pants btw :hmm:

Last edited:
C'mon Folks, this in the Public area, don't want to have to move it

I don’t believe squonking is dead, I for one, are always on the look out for something new and enjoy my squonk set ups more than anything else I own. It’s become a little more niche as far as new gear is concerned IMO. The mainstream manufacturers attention is elsewhere and I don’t expect it will return any time soon.

Looks like I’ll have to do more research. Really can’t go back to tanks’ 2ml limit
Is it dead with new stuff being released... yes, but there are a few 21700 squonks out there...
Depends what your looking for, mech, reg or fet....
Reg there is pulse v2, topside lite, aurora, dotsquonk 100...
Mech there is signature sq217, topside sq...
Fet there is the krome...
And if you wanna spend big...
Rebel do a dna250, 2x21700 Squonk...
Vicious ant do the spade in 21700, both mech and reg versions...

Is it dead with new stuff being released... yes, but there are a few 21700 squonks out there...

There’s also the Limelight Freehand 21700

Cheers,

staying away from Topside, had 2, both had door issues. I’ll look at the other suggestions.

One thats been on offer on vapesourcing is the Pico squeeze 2. for a semi mech wotofo recurve, i have 2 of those and they are nice in the hand.
Now, is squonking dead?. I don't think any style of vaping goes out of "fashion" it's more what social media and the manufacturers hype. As i have said those pod systems are a vapers rabbit hole. i see a ebay listing for at least 30 pod devices so the seller must have realised how expensive they cost to run, compared to an rta and a decent mod. Plastic tanks are a thing from 6-7 years ago, when i started vaping the mvp20w and a Kanger subtank where the new subohm set ups, I often wonder how many devices have been made over 30w, thousands of mods now we have 10 times the amount of pods, because they make money, lets make 3 devices one with a built in, one 18650 and then a 21700 knowing some folks will buy all 3, change the coil or pod and there's more income. All the money you spend on pods would buy a billet box and bridges.
Other factors to consider are the impact of Covid and Brexit folks haven't been sure what's going to happen.
Don't be put off buying from China i have had a few orders this year and no issues.

Back
Top Bottom