What's new

Insulator thingy

Qwackers98

Achiever
Hey all, my b series decided to crap itself the other day (considering ive had it since it was released its not done bad!)
And i thought id have a look and see whats going on.
Seems like the rubber(?) insulator on the 510 had split causing everything to read 0.01 ohms.

Ive taken it out but havent a bloody clue where to get a new one (or ones for a little backup for when inenviably bust the first attempt)

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? And if anyone knows the best way to put them back in?
16548401518706048473919550558622.jpg

This is my goto mtl mod and be damned if im buying another just yet! (unless im forced too)

Thanks all in advance!

Last edited:
Jac Vapour hasnt logged on since 2020 so going direct is the best move.

I'd probably replace it with an oring, maybe try pinch one from a drip tip. If you do, make sure it's fat enough so eliquid can't seep through.

Last edited:
Ok so looks like problem solved.

Thanks for contacting us about your SERIES-B DNA 75W Box-Mod.

Please can you send us over a few pictures and/or a short video demonstrating the issue if you'd be so kind? The more the merrier in this respect and I'll get our engineers to have a look into this for you.
As always, your support in this matter would be most appreciated.

After a few more pictures and description they said

I've picked this up with the engineers this morning and lamentably they don't believe this will be repairable without becoming prohibitively expensive. Apologies.
I have, however, also petitioned the Management Team on your behalf and they've kindly agreed to offer you the use of the Discount Code " " for ten percent off your next order if you'd like a replacement.
This doesn't apply to the shipping costs but the order will be eligible for Free Shipping if you select the option during the checkout stage. Anyway, I do hope this helps and please feel free to come back to us anytime.

Can we be of any further assistance to you at all today - we're always more than happy to help.

I thought about it and replied

I appreciate this Duncan.
As i have a back ground in electronics the repair work itself would be easy for me. I just need to obtain the insulator to be able to effect the repair.
Am i able to get them anywhere?
For something that will cost a quid or so its not within my interest to throw a perfectly good mod out.
Many thanks again.

To which they replied

I'm delighted to confirm that our engineers have now come back to me and confirmed that we can indeed supply you with the component in question. Furthermore, they've offered to do so free of charge - with the exception of shipping costs that is.
Would you like us to included this in with an order or would you rather pay for the shipping costs separately? Let us know your preference and we'll endeavour to make it happen.
As always, your support in this matter would indeed be most appreciated.

I gotta say im suprised, pleasantly so at their willingness to assist.
Postage has been paid (all of £1.49) and the bits been dispatched.
Yay!

Sounds like a decent result, wish they'd been that helpful when I approached them with the same issue...

Sounds like a decent result, wish they'd been that helpful when I approached them with the same issue...
You had the same thing happen?
Think its a bit of a design flaw due to the 510 not being sping loaded... Well it doesn't seem to be.

Back
Top Bottom