What's new

Innokin T18 coil

Yeah I love the nautilus :) my Nautilus mini & NautilusX are my most used tanks.
Cos the NautilusX is too fill it's kind of my primary one now though.
It's very underrated, I'd recommend it with the 1.8 coils. I bought one Saturday an I've not vaped on anything since.
I've been dual using but nearly quit now, had one cigarette today :)
Was using a cleito before this an my cravings were unreal!
I couldn't get on with the X. I could taste the plastic. The N2 is nice looking and quite innovative but I found the topfill disappointing because there's so little to get hold of at the bottom, when you take the sleeve off the whole base usually comes with it, thereby defeating the object of it being a topfill tank. I still have my big Nautilus and a Mini, but they're a bastard to refill on the bike so the T18 is now my out-of-the-house MTL :)

Not that it makes much difference, but the T18 1.5 ohm coil is designed for a battery output that is regulated at 14 watts. Don't push it too high mate!

I couldn't get on with the X. I could taste the plastic. The N2 is nice looking and quite innovative but I found the topfill disappointing because there's so little to get hold of at the bottom, when you take the sleeve off the whole base usually comes with it, thereby defeating the object of it being a topfill tank. I still have my big Nautilus and a Mini, but they're a bastard to refill on the bike so the T18 is now my out-of-the-house MTL :)
Most people have complaints about it but it serves me as a good tank...
The nautilus mini got me off cigarettes for 3 years though so it'll always have a place in my heart. I'm gonna stock up on them :)
Not that it makes much difference, but the T18 1.5 ohm coil is designed for a battery output that is regulated at 14 watts. Don't push it too high mate!
That's right! I just looked on my t22 box an it is 14 watts, dunno why I put 15!

Is it a T18 e tank if so you can use the new T20 coils there ment to wick upto 70/30 vg/pg and are rated for 12-14w

As the tank volume drops, fewer of the wicking holes are exposed to juice, worth bearing in mind if you're upping the power.

Please note you can destroy your cool+coil by doing this!

T18 Coils are sometimes supplied with the wick misaligned to the housing holes= dry hits/ no flavour.

Using a monkey wrench to hold the base. Use pliers to shuggle the press fit cap of (the main housing with the holes in) completely off. Making sure to use the pliers just where the housing press fit cap line is to stop squishing the case

( it takes allot of wiggling, ebusardo took a Dremel to it, it's tight! Hence disclaimer at top)

You can then fluff yer cotton, and realine the cap and tap it back into its correct place( holes alined to the cotton ports of the coils)
Although....
When you remove the cap...
This leaves the inner part that looks just like a old school silica wick set up but with cotton tails. Put the Silicone cap back on it (the cap that's normally at the top of the housing).
The silicone cap is made so that it leaves just enough space for good wicking, creating a surface tension seal.
Reassemble the coil without the outer bullet shaped housing and the inner silicon top cap will be held in place by the outer tank top cap. :)

There is a possibility that the housing is used for heat dissipation, but I don't chain vape so no Biggie.

Before; I couldn't taste vampire vapes pinkman but it seems to really let the juice wick better than any unmodded t18 coil I've used, I'm getting some deep fruity flavours now.
So far it's been three hours and no leeks.
This set up also makes it easy to rewick the microcoils using the German video mentioned previously.
In retrospect, I think the housing is just for convenience of replacement (no snotty looking cotton hanging off the coil), but at expense of wicking.

As for rebuilding the actual dual coils..

I completely disassembled a t18 coil before hitting on this method; they are really complicated with another press fit section and inner gaskets and pins. It's sort of like a micro tiny Atlantis v2 coil but with two horizontal coils, press fit into a 510 connector. I didn't bother to try and disassemble the 510 section, Even at that, there must be about 7 different components that I was able to take apart, including the two coils. Rebuilding it would have been watchmaker

I have the t18e 1.5o version, and no plastic insulators where present on the coil cables, but I have seen picks with ones that have on the first t18 (perhaps fakes)
I'm using 50/50 pg/vg

I'm looking forward to trying strawberry milkshake as this has always been a bland flavour when I used it in t18 and pockex. I'll let ye know, and will post picks if it proves itself over the next few weeks.

Update: this is a new coil with its "jacket" removed;
IMG_20200321_185658.jpg
IMG_20200321_185459.jpg .
After experimenting I believe the jacket helps prevent airlock and would recommend replacing the jacket after rewicking. It prevents airlock by allowing eliquid to drain from tank evenly. The wicks are 3cm (bottom) and 3.5 cm (top)and when they are twisted tightly compact to about 1
1mm.
Happy vaping
IMG_20200321_202512.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom