What's new

Innokin Coolfire ULTRA

Mike666

Just bought one of these to replace my battered Coolfire 4 plus and am having problems. I'm a simple MTL vaper and use a nautilus aspire tank with 1.6ohm coils. This tank works great on my coolfire 4 plus but when i put it on the coolfire ultra and set it to vape in Watts it gets to resistance of the coil wrong and reads it as 2.09 ohms. This has resulted in coils burning out in less than a day with a very unpleasant and bitter taste.

I contacted the seller and he tells me that i should be using the tank that was supplied with the mod but this isn't any good for MTL vaping. I believe the coolfire ultra should work correctly with my aspire tank and get the resistance of the coil correct. I believe the Coolfire Ultra is faulty and should be able to read the resistance of the coil i'm using correctly. Any thoughts? Thanks, Mike.

That's utter rubbish that you should have to use the supplied tank from the kit. You can use any tank you like on it. Have you got any other tanks you can try on the mod? Also have you tried more than one coil?
Personally I think you should be able to get a refund or replacement if the mod is consistently over reading coils by that much.

That's utter rubbish that you should have to use the supplied tank from the kit. You can use any tank you like on it. Have you got any other tanks you can try on the mod? Also have you tried more than one coil?
Personally I think you should be able to get a refund or replacement if the mod is consistently over reading coils by that much.
Hi,
Thanks for the response. I'm no expert but that's exactly the way I see it. My wife is a vaper and I tried her tank on the mod and got exactly the same problem. I also changed the coil and it over-read the resistance exactly the same. My wife has an OBS Cube mod and that works perfectly with my tank. I bought the mod from Amazon and am going to give the seller another 24 hours to resolve this before raising a dispute. Once again thanks, your response gives me the confidence I'm right to pursue this.

Hi,
Thanks for the response. I'm no expert but that's exactly the way I see it. My wife is a vaper and I tried her tank on the mod and got exactly the same problem. I also changed the coil and it over-read the resistance exactly the same. My wife has an OBS Cube mod and that works perfectly with my tank. I bought the mod from Amazon and am going to give the seller another 24 hours to resolve this before raising a dispute. Once again thanks, your response gives me the confidence I'm right to pursue this.

Let us know how it goes.

Will do. I've just Emailed Innokin support and asked if they would expect the Ultra to correctly read the resistance of the coil in my tank so I'll see what they have to say but they're not going to say 'No the ultra is useless and gets the resistance wrong'<g>

I agree with @rew, you should be able to use whatever tank you like. It definitely seems like it’s faulty, I’d be after a refund. I’ve used Amazon twice for vaping products, one of which was a tank that fell apart when I put liquid in it. The other time I ordered a mod for a friend, and it was faulty - it didn’t recognise any coil or even fire. I got a full refund. I will never use Amazon for vaping gear again :5:

Just bought one of these to replace my battered Coolfire 4 plus and am having problems. I'm a simple MTL vaper and use a nautilus aspire tank with 1.6ohm coils. This tank works great on my coolfire 4 plus but when i put it on the coolfire ultra and set it to vape in Watts it gets to resistance of the coil wrong and reads it as 2.09 ohms. This has resulted in coils burning out in less than a day with a very unpleasant and bitter taste.

I contacted the seller and he tells me that i should be using the tank that was supplied with the mod but this isn't any good for MTL vaping. I believe the coolfire ultra should work correctly with my aspire tank and get the resistance of the coil correct. I believe the Coolfire Ultra is faulty and should be able to read the resistance of the coil i'm using correctly. Any thoughts? Thanks, Mike.
Take the tank off the mod and then press the fire button.
Then screw the tank back on and press the fire button.
Does it ask if it's a new coil?
If it does then select yes.
Does it show the correct resistance now?

Ive used amazon a few times for both mods and tanks, ive always checked the scratch authentification on them and the items have been genuine. Thats not to say all items on there are genuine though.
did you do the authentication check?

Take the tank off the mod and then press the fire button.
Then screw the tank back on and press the fire button.
Does it ask if it's a new coil?
If it does then select yes.
Does it show the correct resistance now?
Hi,

Yes I get the options of Same, Ni, Ti, SS or wattage and I use wattage but it then shows an incorrect resistance of 2.09 ohms(varies a bit) WITH A 1.6 ohm coil fitted.

Ive used amazon a few times for both mods and tanks, ive always checked the scratch authentification on them and the items have been genuine. Thats not to say all items on there are genuine though.
did you do the authentication check?
Yes the scratch code shows it's a genuine article. I like Innokin products but I guess it's just faulty which can happen.

Back
Top Bottom