What's new

Inexpensive mech mod to compliment Brushed Kayfun?

MightyMouth

Postman
I have been using a Dream atomizer for a while now and after an initial hatred of the thing I managed to figure out how to properly wick it without dry hits and I am getting great flavour and vapour out of it but the only problem is it leaks a lot if the wick isn't set just right and when you fill it screwing the top back on pushes juice into the drip tray. The kayfun looks just the job and after seeing one at the Cloud9 stand at Vapefest I knew I wanted one but the price is mental for these things. Anyway lo and behold one comes up for sale here today so I have bought it.

Now I only plan on using this at home as it is too expensive to take out and I would like a nice brushed mech mod to compliment it but as I have just spent way more that I would admit to my wife on the Kayfun, I need to find an inexpensive Mechanical mod to go with it. Looking for an 18650 mod.

Suggestions please.

Incidentally, am I right in thinking I can use IMR batteries with mech mods or do they have to be protected?

pls use protected batteries only.

As far as mech mods go, can you handle a two week wait? in which case it is less than £10 for a whole variety, otherwise the next least costly one in the uk delivered that I know of is the udtl510 @ £15, but it has some weak points, isnt brushed, and well wouldnt match a kayfun very well.

AndyC stuck up some goodies for sale last night, one of the mechs is still available I think a 8w with both sized tubes.
worth it

magneto.jpgGet yourself one .of these Magnetos mate, its an awesome piece of kit. This is a protank on top but anything would look cool. This is with an 18350 but it telescopes and aint too much bigger with 18650s. I only have one protected battery and its a nitecore 18650 3100mah and it wont fit in this as is 70mm long but not had any bother with the unprotected ones (cgr18650ch). Only £35 quid too.....Bargain

The Sigelei 20 (with the new head!) is an ideal partner .. and looks very like the Roller ( a far more expensive mod ) also .. its telescopic .. so you can drop a sigelei kick in it and have variable watage and use IMR or protected :)

The Sigelei 20 (with the new head!) is an ideal partner .. and looks very like the Roller ( a far more expensive mod ) also .. its telescopic .. so you can drop a sigelei kick in it and have variable watage and use IMR or protected :)

Yea, it is the roller I saw the Kayfun on initially so I think this is the way to go for me, how can I tell if its got the new head? Any recommendation as to where to buy? I am sure I can find it online but might miss a deal.

Yea, it is the roller I saw the Kayfun on initially so I think this is the way to go for me, how can I tell if its got the new head? Any recommendation as to where to buy? I am sure I can find it online but might miss a deal.

for this info you need to talk to whit77 .. he seems to be more up on the #20 than anyone else I can think of!

I only use efest or aw batteries, but I have never used a protected battery, ever, and I am, say, 90% a mech mod user. The high drain functionality of the bats along with a bit of common sense and attention should see you right.
Saying that, I'll probably end needing a bionic hand by the end of the day now.

Back
Top Bottom