What's new

I did a fiddly diddly protank hybrid wick

TonyGTB

Postman
First time a standard protank head went bad this morning so after seeing 4L4N 's tutorial on how to build a hybrid wick for the Octopus RDA,I thought I would have a go at trying to get a hybrid in the protank.

DSC03016.jpg DSC03015.jpg

Well after much :swearing: I finally managed it, was'nt easy but got there in the end.

End result was worth it, Loads of vapour and I'm getting flavour out of juices that I previously thought were tasteless.

I've figured out the benefits of a hybrid wick now, You can whack up the watts without burning the wick.

If your up for a challenge give it a go.

i do mine diff ...I wrap the mesh around the silica wick after its been oxi i find you can get the mesh tighter that way ..but stills looks okies nice 1 bud

How do you get the Silica through the mesh??

Thats when the swearing started, threaded through the mesh, 2.5mm wick, probably would have been easier with 2mm.

Could have wrapped mesh around the wick like daleson said, but then its fiddly to wrap the coil on such a short piece of mesh. If you have a long piece of mesh rolled you can roll a few seperate coils on, then cut each off and then thread wick through.

A fine piece of diddly engineering Tony !!
The gap you have to fit that in is absolutely miniscule compared to the wide open spaces we have in the oversized drippers.

Fine Job indeed mate :thumbsup:

Nice hybrid wick there try a hybrid on the Igo L with 4 wrap .20 kanthal will give you about 1.5 ohms loads of flavouur and storms of vape.

Simon

Nice wick, I keep meaning to get around to putting mesh in my protank but instead made one for my aga t+.
Quick question if I was going to make a hybrid and wrap the mesh around the silica would I oxidise the mesh before wrapping or while it has the silica in it?
Edit: I just found the tutorial mentioned by the OP and all becomes clear

Last edited:
This looks the business, I must give it a go. Maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow but someday soon.

Back
Top Bottom