What's new

''I believe that children are our future...''

Well heres the rub,i bought them for a modfactory bridge in my billet box clone.I have the coils but not the bridge yet.lol.
I'm having a few issues with aspire BVC coils not lasting more than a couple of days at the moment.These coils are ceramic so new to me,but i'll try anything once (well nearly everything).

Yep, have the same idea too. MF bridge ordered, coils waiting patiently.

#Rabbitohs
Magpies.
170px-Collingwood_Football_Club_Logo.svg.png

Sorry to derail the thread op, but quick question on the coils. Ive read a lot of good stuff about the coils and was considering ordering some for when my bb gets here. However i thought ceramic coils were a bad thing? I remember reading some negative feedback about breathing in ceramic particles etc

Yup have an MF on the way too. Got some of the tiny 1.3 coils.

I think any kind of reduction is valid regardless of size. If we have the attitude that we must only target plastics and packaging but forget the rest then that’s not really helping anyone.

I know it sounds silly but I’ve started keeping all my wick tails after I realised just how much I’m actually wasting. Now I use them for mopping up tanks and mods and drip tips. It may be minute but it’s still helping.

For me personally, aside from packaging, it’s the throw away culture that really upsets me regarding waste. We buy stuff and seldom fix or repair it. We just buy another and send the old to landfill. Until this calms down and we learn to repair and maintain then we aren’t going to be helping.

Now I am not silly enough to think manufacturers are going to make lifetime goods as they will go out of business but surely if things can be made to last and be repaired then money could be invested back into repair centres and we get some customer service back too. Renewable shouldn’t just be about packaging. It should be everything within reason.

Its not hard for companies to ship coils in a recycled box, also same with the Kit that can all be done in cardboard. I am unsure why they all still find it better to ship with plastic all around the outside.
Grab 5 loose coils, put them in a small cardboard box, I would even think this would be a heck of a lot cheaper.

Send all liquids in a 5 liter glass refillable jar to the shops, you then take your reusable bottle to get it filled up, imagine all that plastic we would be saving.

Yup have an MF on the way too. Got some of the tiny 1.3 coils.

I think any kind of reduction is valid regardless of size. If we have the attitude that we must only target plastics and packaging but forget the rest then that’s not really helping anyone.

I know it sounds silly but I’ve started keeping all my wick tails after I realised just how much I’m actually wasting. Now I use them for mopping up tanks and mods and drip tips. It may be minute but it’s still helping.

For me personally, aside from packaging, it’s the throw away culture that really upsets me regarding waste. We buy stuff and seldom fix or repair it. We just buy another and send the old to landfill. Until this calms down and we learn to repair and maintain then we aren’t going to be helping.

Now I am not silly enough to think manufacturers are going to make lifetime goods as they will go out of business but surely if things can be made to last and be repaired then money could be invested back into repair centres and we get some customer service back too. Renewable shouldn’t just be about packaging. It should be everything within reason.
All valid points mate.
I've got 3 boxes of the 1.3 ohm and a single 0.60 ohm just to be finicky...

Sorry to derail the thread op, but quick question on the coils. Ive read a lot of good stuff about the coils and was considering ordering some for when my bb gets here. However i thought ceramic coils were a bad thing? I remember reading some negative feedback about breathing in ceramic particles etc
GrimGreen has a review update (dated 2016) available on youtube about vapeshark doing a lab test on the vapresso coils after initial worries but the tests came back clear.Something about ceramic particles splintering off,but as I said it proved to be without foundation.
He also said that they run at a lesser wattage so prolonged battery life on single battery mods like the BB it's an added bonus.

Last edited:
GrimGreen has a review update (dated 2016) about vapeshark doing a lab test on the vapresso coils after initial worries but the tests came back clear.Something about ceramic particles splintering off,but as I said it proved to be without foundation.
He also said that they run at a lesser wattage so prolonged battery life on single battery mods like the BB
Thank you for clarifying buddy. Looks like i may have to look into ordering some euc coils in the future

Thank you for clarifying buddy. Looks like i may have to look into ordering some euc coils in the future
If you vape DTL then you don't need to buy the modfactory MTL kit,just buy the packs of coils that come with the sleeve (hard to find though).

Back
Top Bottom