What's new

How to stop Battery rattle?...

Anthony Nader

Postman
So I just received my Voopoo X217 and I must say it is a flawless mod, I am in love with it.

But the ONE single thing I do not like is the battery rattle.

So my question is, is there any methods people know of on how to stop the battery rattle? it is quite annoying and I want to try to fix it.

I am using dual 21700 batteries in the X217.

Any suggestions would be great, thank you!

Thanks for the suggestion.....so youre saying just wrap some tape around the batteries? Like electrical tape? or it doesnt matter?

yeah electrical tape, or you can try double wrapping your batteries(extra wrap), be aware that your batteries wont fit in anything else though
I'd start with a a ring of tape round the top and bottom of each cell , try it then add more if needed, only thing that can be done unfortunately

yeah electrical tape, or you can try double wrapping your batteries(extra wrap), be aware that your batteries wont fit in anything else though
I'd start with a a ring of tape round the top and bottom of each cell , try it then add more if needed, only thing that can be done unfortunately
yeah i will go ahead and try that, it seems like it would work...i dont see why not

Has anyone tried dual 18650 with the adaptors? Just wondering if you get the battery rattle with them installed instead of the 21700, not ideal but worth a try

Just be careful that you don't use too much tape and it's not too tight of a fit. I had to post a mod with two batteries so, as usual, I covered both ends in tape so I could send them inside the mod. The transaction was eventually cancelled. It took considerable time and effort to get the batteries back out of the mod and I ripped the wrap on both batteries. Pushing a tight battery in is easy. Getting it out again is not.

yeah i ended up wrapping a little bit of electrical tape around the top and bottom of each cell and it stopped the rattle....and i am still able to get the batteries out with a little pulling...they are pretty snug in there but they still slip out. i am just glad it stopped the rattle. but i just want to make sure that this will not cause any damages to my batteries over time or anything like that?

Back
Top Bottom