What's new

How long do your mods last?

My first Pico must be the same age as Rew's, and it's still going strong. My Zero clones aren't used as often but are older and also still fine. :)

I've a coolfire that's been used to death and still going strong five years down the line. Mrs kid has an istick 30 of similar vintage that's used every night without fail and was used non stop for about three years.

I think my mods might last a lifetime (my lifetime anyway)

But i use mechs and still regularly use clone mechs costing less than £20 that I bought in my first year of vaping.

Threads like this were instrumental in my decision to go the mech route.
Regulated mods do seem to be lasting longer now. Folk seemed to be happy 5 years ago if their Vamo lasted 6 months and were impressed if it lasted a year.

I think the mods of the last 1-3 years or so last the best.

Older ones were (apparently, before my time) far less reliable, and any still working are an anomaly.*

The latest ones (within the last year) seem to be failing at an alarming rate.

*Anomaly time :D

This still works:

IMG_20191102_221117976~2.jpg

My 40w Istick had nearly 2 years of use, and was still going strong, when I gave it away. The replacement Pico is still going too - had it around 2 years, and it’s a state, but it still works fine :)

I bought a 40w Istick when they first came out. It had around 2 years daily use, dropped many times, and fell out my pocket onto the road then doing 30mph on a bike. It never missed a beat and the battery still lasted me all day. I binned it when I stopped vaping, When I started again I bought another two and the battery life is nowhere near the same from new.

For me on this, the worst has been two 50w isticks. The fire button gave up on both in less than 4 months.
By far the best to date, that was my daily beater, was my smok alien. That had a hard life for just over two years, before catastrophic failure of the casing under the fire bar.
Currently on the smok resin majesty as my daily beater, that's had 10 months of hammer so far. Starting to show signs of wear, but still running fine.

Only mods I have had fail on me were from Squid Industries :D

Had three from them, all failed within 6 months.

Outside of bad mods like that it seems to be pot luck how long regulated mods last for me. Got a couple of mid-range mods that have lasted for years but thier twins only lasted a year or so. Have had expensive ones that lasted a few months.

I now go for mid-range mods that seem solid. Enough quality to hopefully last a few years but cheap enough that it's not a disaster if they pack in in a year or so.

I have coolfire 4`s. Don`t know how old the oldest one is but bought it when they first came out. Must be 5 years or more. All still going strong,

My first mod was Pico 75w. Still going strong after over 3 years of daily abuse. I'm dropping things much but it fell a couple of times of the table in the garden on the concrete. Worn well past 2 top layers of whatever coating it was but it still didn't miss a bit.

I think the mods of the last 1-3 years or so last the best.

Older ones were (apparently, before my time) far less reliable, and any still working are an anomaly.*

The latest ones (within the last year) seem to be failing at an alarming rate.

*Anomaly time :D

This still works:

View attachment 203882
I'd disagree with earlier ones being less reliable. Obviously many early models where small companies making stuff to industrial strength so when the likes of innokin and aspire started making mass produced stuff it was pretty well made.
You'll still find an awful lot of itaste's, coolfire's and mpv's still in use.
It was the subsequent boom when every Chinese dildo maker started a vaping production line that quality dropped through the floor.
Even the original smok stuff was reliable.
Early sigelei and ipv mods were incredibly robust and well spec'd with yihi boards, sturdy solder work and tough casing's. I know quite a few vapers who covert older ipv's. Then they went very wrong for a while.

Back
Top Bottom