What's new

Hi, please read, hope I'm posting in the right place

I see the wick liquor 10ml bottles are 0,3 or 6 mg nic strength, nicshots are usually 18mg

what strength are they?

Cool. Then you've really got two options. As it's a 10 ml bottle it'll already have the nicotine in it at the level you bought unlike 50ml shortfill or bigger which come without nicotine and nic shots so you can add it yourself. You can either buy a pg nic shot and add just a ml or two which will make it thinner whilst not diluting the nic content of the juice or you can buy just pure pg and add a ml or two which will thin it but reduce the nic content slightly. Both options will dilute flavour slightly but not enough to loose sleep over.
Thanks for your help and info I will see what I can get, I don't mind loosing abit of flavour, won't make a difference to me as haven't tried the flavours yet lol.

ahh, so its a 10ml bottle. soz its usually shortfill 50ml or 100ml we get asked about.
as said you could add a few drops of a pg nic shot that will thin the juice slightly but also add to the overall nic strength.
you could just buy some plain pg without the nic.

nic shots were designed for shortfills which are all zero nicotine. so for example if you had a 50ml bottle of wick then adding 1 x 18mg nic shot will make 60ml of juice at a strength of 3mg.

Hi @Keeley and welcome.

It can be a bit confusing at first (unless you're a brainbox and I for one am not).

Do you know what nicotine strength are you aiming for? As @Frogprince says, WL is normally 3 or 6mg strength, while nic shots tend to be 15mg or 18mg, so that's quite a difference! Don't want to blow your head off.

Personally I would be tempted to start over and just buy some higher PG liquid. You'd have to add quite a bit of PG to bring that WL ratio down and you'll def lose a bit of flavour.

ahh, so its a 10ml bottle. soz its usually shortfill 50ml or 100ml we get asked about.
as said you could add a few drops of a pg nic shot that will thin the juice slightly but also add to the overall nic strength.
you could just buy some plain pg without the nic.

nic shots were designed for shortfills which are all zero nicotine. so for example if you had a 50ml bottle of wick then adding 1 x 18mg nic shot will make 60ml of juice at a strength of 3mg.
Thank you, I'm going to get a nic shot or zero nic shot, I'm using 6mg. Thanks for the help.

Hi @Keeley and welcome.

It can be a bit confusing at first (unless you're a brainbox and I for one am not).

Do you know what nicotine strength are you aiming for? As @Frogprince says, WL is normally 3 or 6mg strength, while nic shots tend to be 15mg or 18mg, so that's quite a difference! Don't want to blow your head off.

Personally I would be tempted to start over and just buy some higher PG liquid. You'd have to add quite a bit of PG to bring that WL ratio down and you'll def lose a bit of flavour.
Hi, thanks. I was doing fine on my 50 50 till I got too excited on some flavours and forgot to checknit said 50 50, lesson learned. I'm on 6mg now, I was on 3mg cpl weeks ago whenni 1st started but wasn't enough. I will buy some pg liquid. If I used the 80 20 with a 0.4 coil (whilst waiting to get some pg liquid) would it damage the device or battery, I don't mind the coil burning as I don't use that size, it came with the tigon, I just want to try the new flavours lol.

Hi, thanks. I was doing fine on my 50 50 till I got too excited on some flavours and forgot to checknit said 50 50, lesson learned. I'm on 6mg now, I was on 3mg cpl weeks ago whenni 1st started but wasn't enough. I will buy some pg liquid. If I used the 80 20 with a 0.4 coil (whilst waiting to get some pg liquid) would it damage the device or battery, I don't mind the coil burning as I don't use that size, it came with the tigon, I just want to try the new flavours lol.

Only the coil would get damaged. The rest of the device will be fine.

it wont harm the device or battery in any way but the coil will burn out a lot quicker as the juice will be too thick to wick as quickly as 70vg.

another option is try the flavour and if you like it then put that bottle asside and buy the same flavour but in a shortfill which will be 50ml at zero nicotine and to make it 6mg you will need 2 100pg nic shot.
only problem will be is there wont be enough room in the bottle. so if you could remove 10ml from the shortfill then there will be enough room for the 2 nic shots which will make the juice a lot thinner and roughly 6mg in strength.
found them really cheap here. £6.99 for 50ml https://www.vapestreams.co.uk/product-category/e-liquids/wick-liquor-shortfills/

Adding 2ml of 18mg pg nicshot to 10ml of 6mg 80/20 would make it around 67/33 vg/pg and 8mg strengh.
It would take 6ml of pg to make them 50/50 and the nic would go up to 10.5mg

80/20 might be ok with the 0.4ohm coil so long as you don't chain vape.

Hi, so I'm new to vaping, it's been 2weeks, I started vaping because I wanted to give up smoking. I have the aspire tigon which I love so far. I bought some new juice but got too excited about the flavous and forgot to check the pg vg . They came today and I opened them. I just get way too excited. Then I thought about the pg vg, their 80 20. So my question is, will they be OK to use in my aspire tigon tank? Thanks for reading.

Hi @Keeley, you're posting in exactly the right place - POTV! We're glad to have you here and you won't find anywhere more welcoming than this. It's nice to meet you.

As for your question, don't worry about it, you won't damage your tank.

When I started vaping a little over a year ago I was putting 80/20 in a little cig-a-like and it did no harm, it didn't even gum up the coil. Even if it does, it's not like they're expensive just put another one in and forget about it. I still often over eagerly wreck the first coil of a devices in my even now.

It's probably just as cheap to replace a coil as to use a nic-shot anyway.

If you do go down the buying pure PG & VG route, who knows, we might even make a mixologist out of you!

Happy vaping and welcome to POTV.

Hugz, peace and blessings.

Back
Top Bottom