What's new

Help with weird tank/mod differences

Jd_

Achiever
So i have a cascade baby tank on a stick prince battery, hits great, tastes great.

I stick it on an armour pro mod, tried every wattage from 30-70, s/n/h preheats, flat ccws, not flat ccws, auto on, auto off, smart on, smart off, and every friggin combination. No matter what i do, the tank get hot, the vape tastes burnt, the battery drains more than it should.

Switch the same tank back to the stick prince cheapo battery and everything goes back to normal, tastes good, not hot, doesnt drain the battery(as far as i can tell)

Ive updated the firmware, connections r good, at a loss here

Just stick to wattage mode.

Edit - press on default to reset it and try soft start. ?

Last edited:
Well, i mean wattage mode is where i started, that not working os what led to all the rest. I didnt reset to defaults after i upgraded the firmware, so i guess ill try that.

Is there a way to just put it stupid mode to make it work like a stick prince? Lol

Whatever, im waiting on another tank, ill just leave this one on the stick battery. Wish i could tell what the stick was running at.

Whatever, im waiting on another tank, ill just leave this one on the stick battery. Wish i could tell what the stick was running at.
somewhere after the halfway mark Daniel talks about wattages for the stick prince.

Good deal, ill check it out. I mean i sort of know how the stick functions, but some more specific numbers would be great. It really sucked for the tfv12 it was meant for, but it works great for the cascade baby. Im thinkin about getting another stick battery actually.

somewhere after the halfway mark Daniel talks about wattages for the stick prince.

Frogadelic man..

Smok v9 4000mah (3400mah]
VideoCapture_20200429-071324.jpg

Smok stick prince 3000mah
VideoCapture_20200429-071508.jpg

Smok v8 2000mah
VideoCapture_20200429-071818.jpg

Against all logic, ramping the armour pro up to 75-80w with a soft preheat solved all burnt taste, heat, and battery issues with the .18ohm coil

I go into the sub menu which has the full previous board loaded onto it.
go into variable voltage and set your own power curve. I set mine to a complete straight line with zero boost or drop.
that made for perfect mtl vaping too as there's zero instant boost to burn the coils.
works just as well for dtl as it's variable with the standard plus and minus buttons and displays voltage as the main display with wattage as the second smaller display as I remember.

I go into the sub menu which has the full previous board loaded onto it.
go into variable voltage and set your own power curve. I set mine to a complete straight line with zero boost or drop.
that made for perfect mtl vaping too as there's zero instant boost to burn the coils.
works just as well for dtl as it's variable with the standard plus and minus buttons and displays voltage as the main display with wattage as the second smaller display as I remember.
Thanks, ill look into trying that

Thanks, ill look into trying that
No worries. I did a review of the armour pro just after the tarot baby on here a few years back and I remember seeing the djlsb review and hearing some complaints about it being too fierce with stock mtl coils.
I think most people missed what was available with the settings. (Most get too excited and just start to vape or can't be bothered to read the instructions book).
very simple to set up a dead level stable power delivery rather than using the factory presets aimed very much at high wattage vaping and designed around the cascade tank and coils.
Great mod.

Back
Top Bottom