What's new

Has anyone stopped smoking with DTL?

used MTL for about the first 5 days then switched wasnt hitting my spot .......but id been DTLing weed for 30yrs

Yes me too.
I had one of those little AIOs but got an Aspire Atlantis Evo tank after a couple of days because I needed more oomph and couldn't work out how to MTL. (Still can't- it's weird, I don't know how I smoked cigarettes).

Mtl didnt do it for me either, had to subohm.
Funny thing is, cigerettes completely out of system, not keen on dtl anymore and gone back to mtl and bada-ba-ba-ba am fucken lovin’ it.

I’ve only really experience with rebuildabkes and pods. What was the mtl atty you let him try, and what dripper? Did he go from really tight to wind tunnel style, one extreme to the other? Maybe @AJT or someone could advise on whether the zenith can be opened up for a looser draw?
It sure can it has 5 air holes..best tank I have ever used...Air works very well I have 2 open and it’s a nice mtl draw for me not to tight and not too loose and with 4 or 5 open it’s an easy dtl draw.

It sure can it has 5 air holes..best tank I have ever used...Air works very well I have 2 open and it’s a nice mtl draw for me not to tight and not too loose and with 4 or 5 open it’s an easy dtl draw.

So with the airflow open you get a reasonable amount of vapour?

I started MTL when I was cutting down on the ciggies. I went from a Nautilus 2, to a Zenith to a Nautilus 2S. Of the 3 tanks the 2S gave the looser draw - for some reason I never got on with the Zenith despite it being the easiest tank in the world to use.

DTL was what got me off the smokes altogether (almost 6 weeks now) and that was with the Drag Mini paired with the Falcon.

The problem is vaping is such a personal thing in terms of preferences. All of the recommendations in thread are excellent. My mate at work has quit using the i-sub tank and swears by it. Another succeeded using an Aspire Atlantis Evo tank.

I am sure your friend will do better if they know they can ask for your advice. For me knowledge is power as far as quitting smoking via vaping.

Gets something that has a restricted DTL,
Jac vapour fits the bill,
as does the whirl 22 kit from uwell.

But the jac vapour is prob easier to work with,
as the uwell whirl is a AIO,
but the flavour is awesome.

Yep.
MTL didnt scratch my itch way back in ego time.
Things have changed somewhat.
I couldn't quit until I got an Atlantis. I was smoking and vaping both when I was using MTL and restrictive vapes. Once I got enough vapor (And FLAVOR) I was done with cigs. They tasted like shit compared to the great flavor I was getting vaping.

A cheap Sub ohm, Jomotech 40s, some vape88 50/50 juice. Replacement .5 ohm coils @£5 for 5. Worked for me. Ok so it was only a month before I bought a smok Mag and an RBA. But it was sub ohming DTL that killed any vestages of the dreaded fag (UK slang for cigarette for our US friend's) for me. At £21 inc 5 extra coils, it wont break the bank if the choice doesnt fit.

Back
Top Bottom