What's new

Good coil I think? your opinion guys IGO W dual coil

Bastos wick, it's a type of silica.

It's no good spending ages building the latest "Super Micro Nano Dragon Chimney Coil" if it vapes like damp camel shit, The best is often pretty simple, a well made 4/5 wrap on 2 or 3mm Silica or a simple microcoil with cotton - Even PBusardo can knock one of those out on a Kayfun in under 7 mins...

Bastos wick = same as your everyday silica in many ways apart from...

IT'S AN UTTER BASTURD TO FEED THROUGH YOUR COILS AS IT INSISTS ON SPLITTING/SPREADING OUT AT THE CUT-OFF ENDS THE INSTANT IT MEETS ANY RESISTANCE!

Apart from that,it's okay. :)

I like badtos, but in a dripper micro coils and cotton is the way forwards.

I do agree that ribbon wire is well worth a go though, I tend to use .5 x .1, cant fault it in any of my recent builds.

Back in my day we used to wrap kanthal wire around strands of silica. The old ways are the best in my opinion.

I usually do just handwrap around silica I use cotton as well sometimes but I just wanted to see if I could manage a tiny coil I spend lots of time practicing different coils

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I usually do just handwrap around silica I use cotton as well sometimes but I just wanted to see if I could manage a tiny coil I spend lots of time practicing different coils

I too often just wrap the wire round silica/bastos/mesh wicks,I also spent a time experimenting with various formers to wrap the wire round,& have settled on a 2.5 (ish) mm drill-bit for most of my coils as these are easily threaded with either mesh or cotton wool,and my Aga S can now run the same coil for weeks & weeks,with regular wick changes using mesh as this material allows the old wick to simply be pulled out,and the new wick slotted in.The only time I have any problem with this method is if I've been vaping the licorice juice,it blocks up the mesh rapidly & welds the coil to the mesh,so I've to undo the coil screws,remove the wick/coil together,cook them on the gas stove for several minutes before the two can be separated and as a result,its faster to simply bin them & make fresh coils with a cotton wick or even better,use the licorice in the dripper(blows your tastebuds off)and once the flavour level drops,bin the cotton,wash the coil(s)under the tap,dry burn & add new cotton.

Whichever device I use,total time for coil/wicking is no more than 10 minutes,but I'll often sit & feck about with wire just experimenting with various ideas seen on youtube/POTV (nano/dragon/square/triangle/snake etc.)as just sitting in front of the TV is sooooooo exciting I fall asleep within minutes,and I bought a new multimeter before I got the Vamo so I might as well use the fecker. :rofl:

Yeah I just love sitting trying coils I've got a big load of 0.3 and 0.32 kanthal,some #400 mesh, and some wick and ekowool on the way

liquorice. ....tganks, I now need to find a new liquid, fancy dropping a link to what you use?

pretty good loads of vapour loads of flavour no burnt taste like other coils i've built before its all good well chuffed with it

Building a coil you're proud of is such a good feeling - it's what makes vaping turn from something you do into the full-blown hobby for me. Tinkering with mods, trying out new wicking techniques and busting new types of coiling.

Still haven't tried the dragon coil thing yet, that's one I really want a go at.

Back
Top Bottom