What's new

GeekVape Zeus X Mesh RTA

I only like the SS strips in TC mode. Prefer the KA1 otherwise.

I notice the Chinese site have glass tanks for the Profile M now by the way.

I only like the SS strips in TC mode. Prefer the KA1 otherwise.

I notice the Chinese site have glass tanks for the Profile M now by the way.
Well, I don't know what I may be doing wrong, but with some juices I get much better flavor with the SS strips. It's always a cooler vape compared to the A1 strips (plus, the A1 seems to handle higher wattage much better, if the wicking isn't spot on with the SS strips, nasty hot spots are par for the course above 50W), but flavor is another story on both the Zeus and the Profile M. For example, I'm using my favorite juice on the Profile M, Steam Train's Berry Crumble. I get the fruitiness, I get sweet, I get the crumble, I get it all with the SS strip. However, it degraded quickly (as they tend to do with sweeter juices) and I decided to change to an A1 strip with the same juice to see how they compare. It's been going strong for quite a while, no burning or anything bad, but it never achieved the same level of flavor. Same story on the Zeus.

For now, I ordered some Turbo and Extreme strips to check them out. I don't know if they'll fit on the Profile M, though. I can probably make them work with the butchered Zeus deck, so they aren't gonna go to waste. That said, the Turbo strips look like a wider version of the original OFRF A1 strips, so I don't know what to expect.

Also, I checked for the glass tanks for the Profile on Aliexpress and couldn't find any. Where did you find them?

Well, I don't know what I may be doing wrong, but with some juices I get much better flavor with the SS strips. It's always a cooler vape compared to the A1 strips (plus, the A1 seems to handle higher wattage much better, if the wicking isn't spot on with the SS strips, nasty hot spots are par for the course above 50W), but flavor is another story on both the Zeus and the Profile M. For example, I'm using my favorite juice on the Profile M, Steam Train's Berry Crumble. I get the fruitiness, I get sweet, I get the crumble, I get it all with the SS strip. However, it degraded quickly (as they tend to do with sweeter juices) and I decided to change to an A1 strip with the same juice to see how they compare. It's been going strong for quite a while, no burning or anything bad, but it never achieved the same level of flavor. Same story on the Zeus.

For now, I ordered some Turbo and Extreme strips to check them out. I don't know if they'll fit on the Profile M, though. I can probably make them work with the butchered Zeus deck, so they aren't gonna go to waste. That said, the Turbo strips look like a wider version of the original OFRF A1 strips, so I don't know what to expect.

Also, I checked for the glass tanks for the Profile on Aliexpress and couldn't find any. Where did you find them?

Interesting regarding the flavours ;)

I think the Turbo and Extreme are designed for the M and RDTA so you should be good!

I checked again for the replacement glass and it appears it's the same as comes with the tank - glass 2ml and plastic bubble. Sorry, I could have sworn I saw a glass bubble somewhere!

Interesting regarding the flavours ;)

I think the Turbo and Extreme are designed for the M and RDTA so you should be good!

I checked again for the replacement glass and it appears it's the same as comes with the tank - glass 2ml and plastic bubble. Sorry, I could have sworn I saw a glass bubble somewhere!
Welp, just tried the Turbo mesh on the M. As I'd suspected, it doesn't fit, it's too wide. Trimmed it quite a bit to get it to fit in there, but it got in. Can't say it's any different performance wise than the OFRF A1 strips. Which leaves me with a pack of Extreme strips that I will most probably try on the Zeus. I hope these are at least different.

Just got version 2 of this tank direct from Geekvape - but having an issue which I hope you folks can advise on. I have only been vaping for about 4 months now, but have learned a lot on the web and on here too.
The problem is I am getting a burnt taste even though I have only just built it and wicked it. I fitted the mesh ok and did a short test burn at a low 15 watts and it all seemed ok - did not see any hot spots. I then wicked up
with some cotton bacon, and I knew you were supposed to make sure the wick was touching the underneath the mesh - not too tight, but a little tight. I then cut both ends at about45 degrees, and tucked them into the wicking ports.
Juiced the wick, and mesh and test fired at low watts and all seemed ok. Filled up the tank and started on low watts. Moved slowly up the wattage and I am getting horrible burnt taste at only 45 watts.
I am thinking either too much cotton in the juice port, and not wicking properly or may be not tight enough against the mesh - what do you reckon is most likely mistake I have made???? Any help appreciated.

I don't do the 45 degree cut on mine. Just trim the tails to the side of the base, give them a very good rake and then tuck them in neatly. The cotton does need to be tight under the mesh though.

If you can post some pics that might help.

I wonder what the differences between the v1 and V2 are? Doesn't make it too clear on the GV website.

Just got version 2 of this tank direct from Geekvape - but having an issue which I hope you folks can advise on. I have only been vaping for about 4 months now, but have learned a lot on the web and on here too.
The problem is I am getting a burnt taste even though I have only just built it and wicked it. I fitted the mesh ok and did a short test burn at a low 15 watts and it all seemed ok - did not see any hot spots. I then wicked up
with some cotton bacon, and I knew you were supposed to make sure the wick was touching the underneath the mesh - not too tight, but a little tight. I then cut both ends at about45 degrees, and tucked them into the wicking ports.
Juiced the wick, and mesh and test fired at low watts and all seemed ok. Filled up the tank and started on low watts. Moved slowly up the wattage and I am getting horrible burnt taste at only 45 watts.
I am thinking either too much cotton in the juice port, and not wicking properly or may be not tight enough against the mesh - what do you reckon is most likely mistake I have made???? Any help appreciated.
You are most definitely not using enough cotton. I've learned that the hard way, after having a lot of the more experienced guys here tell me so. When you think you have enough cotton, keep going. When you start thinking it's too much, add a bit more. Mesh needs A LOT of cotton. Since you're using Cotton Bacon, it's easy for me to guide you. Grab a full strip of your Cotton Bacon and pull about 3/4 to 4/5 of the strip's width. That's about how much you need. Then pinch one edge and pull it below the mesh strip (PS: Make sure the mesh strip isn't crooked, as that can greatly exacerbate the problem) while pushing the ceramic block down, so it's like push down, pull a bit of cotton through, push down, pull more through, until enough is through.

Now, to wicking. My favorite method so far has been Vic's (YT Channel : Vaping With Vic), I think from the review of the Wotofo Profile M, but not sure. What you do is fluff you cotton's edges and then cut straight, not at an angle, using the edge of the deck as a guide for length. Then fluff it outwards a bit so that it looks like a bow tie from the side and start pushing the cotton to the juice wells, starting from the bottom of the tuft and go on until it starts having a slight resistance to your pushing in (it's better to push the cotton in and let if "flow" in the juice wells than cramming it in, watch Vic's videos and you'll understand what I mean). You'll be left with quite a bit of cotton that's not in there. If it's too much, trim it a bit but not completely, although I tend to leave it as is. Repeat for the other side. Then, hold the cotton from the one side (pushing a bit with your hand towards the mesh) and using your pliers push the strands of cotton that didn't make it to the juice well on the other side under the mesh, forcing more cotton under the strip. Repeat on the opposite side, then make it look pretty and it's ready to go.

This, so far, has been the most consistent method for me. It's not that other's don't work, but this is the easiest IMO to get right, especially when you're new (I can now wick it in like 5 different ways and it'll be ok, but when I started I had the exact same problems as you with the Zeus). It's not like I'm a versed, experienced vaper (I've only been around since November), but I do have a pretty good handle on mesh attys.

I need to rewick my Zeus, so I'll do it either later today or tomorrow, so I will be able to provide pictures, if needed. Good luck!

PS : To not worry about cotton quantity until you get more experienced, you can use Wotofo's XFiber 6mm cotton that's the perfect quantity for mesh. It's much easier that way.

Just rewicked mine...

20210317_174259.jpg
20210317_174416.jpg
20210317_174614.jpg
20210317_174907.jpg20210317_175049.jpg

After juicing it up, pulse it a few times at 20W and then add more.

I think the problem may be that in comparison to the unity the Zeus is absolute shite. I wouldn't waste any more time with it if I were you.

Back
Top Bottom