What's new

Freemax mesh pro 2 help

ShaunBhoy

Postman
Hi guys,

Looking for some advise on coils as just recently picked up the mesh pro 2. The pre installed M2 coil I found flavour was good but the coil only lasted 1 full day of vaping before it was burnt out. Currently have the M1 coil in which I'm finding has very little flavour no matter what wattage I have it at.

Upon reading I've seen a lot of people saying the original mesh pro coils are better than the new ones so just basically looking to see what everyone else is using and why?

I have been using the falcon 2 beforehand and although I liked it, been finding the coils weren't lasting as long as they used to even although I'm using the exact same juice.

I haven’t got the Pro 2 just the original and haven’t tried the new coils, I prefer the dual coils over the triples, the flavour probably edges it with the triples but I tend to chain it a bit, four or five tugs in succession and the triples struggle to keep up with wicking the juice fast enough, happy medium for coil life and flavour are the doubles for me.
Also high VG juice can struggle, 70/30 no higher.

Triples for me.
The M2 is a double Mesh with SS904L if I´m right. The 4th gen coils for M-Pro.

There are 2 coil families,
the old (Kanthal):
https://www.freemaxvape.com/m-pro-mesh-coil-series/

the new (Stainless Steel):
https://www.freemaxvape.com/904l-m-mesh-coil/

I´ve vaped each and every of those coils and, even from other brands (Augvape Skynet Pro and Advken Dark Mesh) and the winner for me is the kanthal triple mesh from Freemax. Hard to beat that one in terms of performance; drinks like a thirsty cossack tho.

Original quad coils only for my mesh pro 2. I vape sweet dessert liquids and change it probably every 10 days.

Thanks for the info folks. I picked up the original double mesh coils from my local shop as it was all they had in at the time. Can't say I'm overly impressed if I'm being honest. First coil lasted not even 3 full days and second one was the same before I started getting the odd burnt taste after a couple of puffs. I haven't bothered putting the 3rd coil in and have switched back to the Falcon 2. I also find the flavour is far superior on the falcon compared to the freemax. I may try the quad coils but just a bit apprehensive as I found the M1, M2 and original double mesh very poor.

mentioning what make of juice, the final ratio after nic shots added and your wattage you use may help others advise. also are you filling up and starting within the wattage range or priming coil first and starting low and building up slowly so to give time for coil to bed in.
also are you chain vaping continuously and taking long deep inhales so the cotton is drying out before its had time to soak more juice up.

mentioning what make of juice, the final ratio after nic shots added and your wattage you use may help others advise. also are you filling up and starting within the wattage range or priming coil first and starting low and building up slowly so to give time for coil to bed in.
also are you chain vaping continuously and taking long deep inhales so the cotton is drying out before its had time to soak more juice up.

Whilst I appreciate what you are saying, I have been vaping for over 5 years and I am fully versed in how to prime and bed in a coil correctly. I have also had many different tanks throughout that time and never had one with this issue.

I only order from prime vapes and mainly stick to fruity flavours at 70vg.

sadly im not a mind reader and reply to many posts on a daily basis so asking these questions is the norm and the more info given in first post normally avoids having to ask these questions.

sadly im not a mind reader and reply to many posts on a daily basis so asking these questions is the norm and the more info given in first post normally avoids having to ask these questions.

Apologies, I do appreciate that and should have been more precise at the offset. Because I'm switching between the 2 tanks I'm allowing the freemax to prime for an hour at the very least. After priming, I've been starting it off at 30w and slowly increasing it by 5w until I get to my preferred wattage which is usually no more than 70w. I never have my falcon set to any higher than 70w and the freemax around the same as I found any higher wasn't suiting me in terms of flavour. I get absolutely no flavour between 60-65w on the freemax and sweet spot around the 70 mark but as I said, coils have lasted no longer than 3 days.

I don't really vape a lot at home, but on my break at work it's never out my hand. As you said, it may not be able to cope with chain vaping which I'm not really used to as the falcon copes no problem with my vaping. It could just be trial and error until I'm a bit more adept with the freemax.

strange one.
im the opposite as being in lockdown for over 15 months im vaping much more at home now. used to be only evenings and weekends but now its every waking moment.
ive got two mesh pro on the go and never much go over 50-60watt and get plenty of flavour.
like you i start at 30w and gradually increase every few puffs.
its difficult to say how long my twin or tripple last as i have around 8 kits on the go with a different flavour in each. i muller at least 35ml of custard in my crown 2 and zues tanks and have fruits in most of the others that may only get used for 15-30mins and then back to the custards. the crown 2 used to last at least a week but im changing after 1-3 days now as the taste starts getting funky but not burnt.
hope someone else can advise soon.

Back
Top Bottom