What's new

Fixed! leaking SMOK tank

Kingerax

Postman
Hello,

I know there's a load of posts on leaking SMOK tanks. I fixed mine - so wanted to share incase it was the same issue for anyone else.

I have the SMOK stick V8 baby tank.

It has been working like a dream since I got it about 5 months ago, then one day eliquid just came pouring out the air flow.

I use the M2 coils. I tried a few different ones but still the same issue, so I figured it was a faulty pack. I ordered a brand new pack but same issue, it still leaked.

I checked all the seals - couldn't see anything obvious.

Checked the threading. Made sure the coils were in tight. But nothing worked as soon as I filled her up - 5 minutes later flooding straight out of the air flow.

So I have another identical tank (except it's silver and doesn't match my rainbow stick pen) since I was convinced it had to be something to do with the threading where the coil fits in, i.e a problem with the rainbow tanks base - I used the base of the silver tank and the top of the rainbow tank, (figuring it would still sort of match my pen) but then....5 minutes later it flooded everywhere again.

So now I was really scratching my head. The silver tank had been working completely fine and if the issue was to do with the base of the rainbow tank and I was using the base of the silver tank why on earth was it still leaking????

Process of elimination - this meant my issue was definitely to do with the top of the tank and not the base.

I decided to look at the rubber seal underneath the swivel head bit on the rainbow tank.

Underneath was a tiny little tear. It didn't even go all the way through. Then I noticed another little bit looking battered. I thought 'long shot' but I tried it anyway and I replaced that rubber seal with the spare one in the box and hey presto....no leaking. It's completely fine.

Guess it must be something to do with the pressure in the tank.

I'm slightly gutted at the amount of coils I binned thinking they were dodgy! Haha. But it's fixed!

Thought I'd post incase this helps anyone. Guess could be the same for lots of smok tanks as many of them have the swivel top head.

I know this won't be everyone's issue but worth looking at if you're stuck.

Back
Top Bottom