What's new

First time using mech mod

So up my ohms and use higher amp batteries
Start high and move down as you gain both experience and confidence. Remember there's a trade off between amps and capacity. Whilst a 20s may give you the hardest hit, initially. A 26A Molicell with give you higher amps after the first 20 puffs, and last noticeably longer.

Hi @Dai1510 , welcome to the world of mechs. For your consideration, a single cell mech works a lot better with low density coils, that it to say, something like 24awg brochrome or similar flatwire would be a lot more responsive than complex coils.

Start high and move down as you gain both experience and confidence. Remember there's a trade off between amps and capacity. Whilst a 20s may give you the hardest hit, initially. A 26A Molicell with give you higher amps after the first 20 puffs, and last noticeably longer.
If I do a .15 build but use a 35 amp battery that would be fine

If I do a .15 build but use a 35 amp battery that would be fine
Put the numbers into steamengine for the answer. It will help you understand the relationship of resistance to amp load. Not trying to be rude but none of us learnt by getting the answer from somebody else.

Put the numbers into steamengine for the answer. It will help you understand the relationship of resistance to amp load. Not trying to be rude but none of us learnt by getting the answer from somebody else.
I've put 0.15 ohms and 4.2 volts representing a full battery and it says 28 amps at 117 watts, so a 35 amp battery would be fine with plenty of headroom

@Dai1510 this is something not to overlook or you might end up with very long ramp up times.

Hi @Dai1510 , welcome to the world of mechs. For your consideration, a single cell mech works a lot better with low density coils, that it to say, something like 24awg brochrome or similar flatwire would be a lot more responsive than complex coils.

Back
Top Bottom