What's new

First time using mech mod

Dai1510

Initiate
Hi everyone, I hope I'm asking this in the right place, but I need advice on using a mech mod, I have been using a regulated mod for 2+ years, my RDA is a bonza, and I'm using a duel ni80 fused Clapton setup and the wire is 28g×3+38g, with a 3mm id and it comes in at 0.10- 0.12, I'm also using Samsung 25r batteries and everything is perfect, BUT can I run that setup on a mech mod but using a higher amp rated battery ( the mech mod takes 3 different size batteries, so upping the amp rating is not a problem ), sorry if this sounds stupid but I want to be as safe as possible TIA

Last edited:
Use steam -engine .org put in the volts of your battery and the ohms of your coil and that will calculate for you but always test your ohms on a ohm meter or regulated mod first before using on your mech.

Hi everyone, I hope I'm asking this in the right place, but I need advice on using a mech mod, I have been using a regulated mod for 2+ years, my RDA is a bonza, and I'm using a duel ni80 fused Clapton setup and the wire is 28g×3+38g, and it comes in at 0.10- 0.12, I'm also using Samsung 25r batteries and everything is perfect, BUT can I run that setup on a mech mod but using a higher amp rated battery, sorry if this sounds stupid but I want to be as safe as possible TIA

That build pulls too many Amps for any current high amp 18650.
Amp draw.png

O.15ohm is about as low as you can go with a Samsung 20S. These are for safety as it will give you a little safety headroom.

Use steam -engine .org put in the volts of your battery and the ohms of your coil and that will calculate for you but always test your ohms on a ohm meter or regulated mod first before using on your mech.
So do I put in 4.2v for a fully charged battery

Hi everyone, I hope I'm asking this in the right place, but I need advice on using a mech mod, I have been using a regulated mod for 2+ years, my RDA is a bonza, and I'm using ni80 fused Clapton and the wire is 28g×3+38g, and it comes in at 0.10- 0.12, I'm also using Samsung 25r batteries and everything is perfect, BUT can I run that setup on a mech mod but using a higher amp rated battery, sorry if this sounds stupid but I want to be as safe as possible TIA
You could, though you'd be right up against the limits of even a 21700 30T battery, with those ohms.

can I ask what watts/volts/temp, you vape on a regulated mod, please?
I found building coils that ohm out at the same area you vape at on your regulated gear, was a great starting point.

however, the above said. Please make yourself familiar with Ohms law.
https://www.vaporesso.com/blog/advanced-vaping-ohms-law-vaping-explained

That build pulls too many Amps for any current high amp 18650.
View attachment 216256

O.15ohm is about as low as you can go with a Samsung 20S. These are for safety as it will give you a little safety headroom.
I have edited my post after you replied, but the mod takes 3 different sized batteries so upping the amp rating won't be a problem

I have edited my post after you replied, but the mod takes 3 different sized batteries so upping the amp rating won't be a problem
It will. And it will tear your battery's to bits. Even builds with a 21700 of .1 and lower will gut you batteries performance and longevity. Not to mention how close you may get to thermal runaway.

You could, though you'd be right up against the limits of even a 21700 30T battery, with those ohms.

can I ask what watts/volts/temp, you vape on a regulated mod, please?
I found building coils that ohm out at the same area you vape at on your regulated gear, was a great starting point.

however, the above said. Please make yourself familiar with Ohms law.
https://www.vaporesso.com/blog/advanced-vaping-ohms-law-vaping-explained
I only use wattage on my reg mod, but it's on 80 watts, volts say ( when I pulse it, it says 2.73 )

Back
Top Bottom