What's new

First mech mod - decisions, ...

decson

Postman
Hi all

Well have mad the jump and ordered a nextiny clone to move up from my faithful Mini nautilus and Mini volt (MTL, 14w, sub-ohm doesn't work/appeal with me).

Yes it's a clone, but if get on with it well, will keep an eye out for the next real thing either nextiny or in'ax style, as watched all the reviews, read more than enough (and a detailed discussion in a thread here)!

But, what do you take to work! Or when go out! To power it.

I have been looking at either a mech mod clone or go all out for a Paps V4 (something authentic and to hopefully last). But then what size? The reviews I have found speak very highly about it.

For work I do take a bag so taking batteries isn't an issue, but if go out, kinda want a vape that would last me the night. Looking at dimensions (though can't find the exact measurements of the Paps V4 :( ), the 1850 doesn't seem too big and would fit in a pocket for a night out (want a decent mod with good lock hence thinking perhaps the Paps could be the better option).

Thoughts please! The nextiny and in'ax are pretty small. But don't want something huge on end! So recommendations, thoughts appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Garry

uploadfromtaptalk1455822896473.jpg
cloupor mini and a nemesis(18650) clone. Second pic is a le petit gros(18350). Rizla pack is for comparison
uploadfromtaptalk1455823012213.jpg

Thank you! So is the difference of the 18500 worth it (I guess somewhere in between sizes :) ), the 18350 definitely seems pocket size :) but thinking the 18500 for a night out would work better!

I would recommend the 18650 nemesis style of mech. 18350 is nice and small but the battery doesn't last long, you can't really build low ohms on them though. The nemesis style can be set out at both 18650, 18500 and 18350

Thank you (again!) I think I will be aiming around the 1-1.2 ohms with the nextiny (but who knows until try lol), so that makes sense. Might get the 18500 to start with, or go for a all in one as you suggest :). Watched more youtube reviews than I ever have in 96 hours! lol

No difference at all really. The switch at the bottom will be the real deciding factor in final length - it needs adjusted for each atty and battery. So it may stick out a bit more or a bit less.
Whilst I appreciate that it is purely subjective but the copper version might work better, keep in mind this is me and I've only had one iffy steel mech and 2 copper ones.
And copper looks so much cooler!

Yeah I get your point, contrast is good :) damn! too many decisions! :p

Back
Top Bottom