What's new

Finally !!!

ianleeds

Achiever
Finally...I have managed to build and wick my Kylin V2 tank without getting constant dry hits/burnt taste.
I solved it by installing the coils a bit higher at 4mm above the deck using 2x 0.48 ohm tank tread coils so air could easily circulate round the coil.
I wicked using cotton bacon thinned down so the cotton easily slides in and out of the coil with only a little resistance.
The tails of the cotton were eased into the holes but not too far down to block off the air intake. In other word the ' dam ' method.
Then I primed with 70/30 Strawberry Custard and once assembled i then filled the tank to 3/4 full.
Vaping at 50w I have a warmish vape with plenty of flavour and clouds.......and now no burnt taste !
There is a very slight weep of juice from the air intakes, but it is so minimal as to not bother me much.
This was my 8th attempt to wick the Kylin v2 and I was getting to the point of giving up and putting into the classes.
In conclusion, the Kylin V2 is a pig to get right and certainly not for beginners or those with little patience.

Finally...I have managed to build and wick my Kylin V2 tank without getting constant dry hits/burnt taste.
I solved it by installing the coils a bit higher at 4mm above the deck using 2x 0.48 ohm tank tread coils so air could easily circulate round the coil.
I wicked using cotton bacon thinned down so the cotton easily slides in and out of the coil with only a little resistance.
The tails of the cotton were eased into the holes but not too far down to block off the air intake. In other word the ' dam ' method.
Then I primed with 70/30 Strawberry Custard and once assembled i then filled the tank to 3/4 full.
Vaping at 50w I have a warmish vape with plenty of flavour and clouds.......and now no burnt taste !
There is a very slight weep of juice from the air intakes, but it is so minimal as to not bother me much.
This was my 8th attempt to wick the Kylin v2 and I was getting to the point of giving up and putting into the classes.
In conclusion, the Kylin V2 is a pig to get right and certainly not for beginners or those with little patience.
Knowing my patience with stuff like that is why my Scion/Plex deck is still in the cupboard after zero attempts.
Good on you for persisting, I'd have flattened the whole thing after three I reckon. :thumbup:

Persistence eventually pays off, but the real trick is remembering exactly how much cotton you used to make it perfect. I run a few different RTAs so I keep a stock of about ten wicks cut to size for each one.

They are a very favoursome tank and don’t leak once got it right, I find if you fluffy the cotton and dont sit it all the way into the juice well it wicks quickly without leaking and taste f*&king amazing!

Glad you got the hang of it mate! Out of curiosity where about in leeds are you :D im only in Skipton!

They are a very favoursome tank and don’t leak once got it right, I find if you fluffy the cotton and dont sit it all the way into the juice well it wicks quickly without leaking and taste f*&king amazing!

Glad you got the hang of it mate! Out of curiosity where about in leeds are you :D im only in Skipton!
I am in the east of Leeds in a little village called Methley. Bit of a ' one horse town ' but I am only a short bus ride from Leeds centre which has loads of vape shops.

Back
Top Bottom