What's new

Falcon Mini - are the coils meant to have thread ?

Vaz

Hi folks

Noticed something strange when I was changing my coil on falcon mini tank, the coil doesn't seem to thread into the top section which I'm pretty sure is the case on any tank I've had before, meaning the only thing holding the whole thing together is the glass and ring.
I've had this thing about 3 months and only noticed this when I was screwing the top on and it just went round and round with no stopping point or any resistance, I put pressure downwards and kept turning a bit before putting the filling cover on and thought nothing of it until next time I went to fill it the glass came right off! It's now just falling off at the slightest pressure

Anyone have any ideas if it really is just the "o rings" and glass that holds the top on ?

hi and welcome to the planet @Vaz

ive not used the tank for a few months but just checked and yes the coil has screw thread in top of coil which screws onto the thread inside top of tank.

where did you buy the coils from and which one are you using F1-3 or M1-3

hi and welcome to the planet @Vaz

ive not used the tank for a few months but just checked and yes the coil has screw thread in top of coil which screws onto the thread inside top of tank.

where did you buy the coils from and which one are you using F1-3 or M1-3

Thanks for the welcome, I seen your reply last night and it matched what I thought was the case

I puffed it till empty after work, took it apart and found the problem

The threaded piece on the top piece where you would fill from was actually locked into the coil. I removed this piece with pliers and it's literally just a ring a few mm long with a ridge on one end and thread on the other.
This actually just slides into the underside of the top piece and gave a fairly reassuring click where it seems to clip into place.

Put back together there don't seem to be any issues, my only explanation is that I have overtightened at some point and it's got stuck in the coil thread

Case closed!

Back
Top Bottom