What's new

Falcon 2 "ohms too high"

Dylans

Hi i am looking for some advise. i recently bought a falcon 2 tank with the new "sector mesh" coils. i used the tank for a week with no issues with the coil provided with the tank, i then bought a pack of three. Day one went fine no problems but on day two i was getting "ohms too high" warning on my smok mod. i tried another coil from same box and same again functional for a day then "ohms too high". i assumed faulty batch of coils so i ordered another box from another supplier and the same thing happened 6 coils all working for a day and non functional the next. i reverted back to the original falcon tank and it was perfect no issues so i have ruled out a mod fault. its being used with 70 vg e liquid at 75 watts withing the recommended bracket. recently i have noticed if i remove the bottom and clean the contact points it will work again for a short period but as soon as a small amount of moisture gathers it sends the resistance wild. is anyone else having these issues? is it 2 batches of bad coils ? or is the coil design flawed? mod also shows 0.16 ohms (when working) despite the coil being 0.14 ohms i have put this down to in accurate resistance measurements on the mod side
thanks for any help
Dylan -

I also forgot to mention the first coil to go faulty was vaping strangely after the first day. within a millisecond of pressing the fire button it was extremely loud like i was vaping at 200w (it was at 75w) almost as if it was pre firing before i pushed the button.

I also forgot to mention the first coil to go faulty was vaping strangely after the first day. within a millisecond of pressing the fire button it was extremely loud like i was vaping at 200w (it was at 75w) almost as if it was pre firing before i pushed the button.
That sound, I've found, is common with fast heat up coils or mesh. So I wouldn't be worried about that.
Are you sure you screwed in the coil, tight enough. Check it's not cross threaded. If that doesn't fix it. With the mod switched on, remove the tank and press the fire button. Then refit the tank and press fire, again. It should ask you to confirm a new coil. Click ok, on the new Ohmage. If you still get the same error. Chances are your mod has a problem.

That sound, I've found, is common with fast heat up coils or mesh. So I wouldn't be worried about that.
Are you sure you screwed in the coil, tight enough. Check it's not cross threaded. If that doesn't fix it. With the mod switched on, remove the tank and press the fire button. Then refit the tank and press fire, again. It should ask you to confirm a new coil. Click ok, on the new Ohmage. If you still get the same error. Chances are your mod has a problem.
thank for the reply, the falcon 2 actually has push fit coils with o rings. i tried that method but every time it asked if the coil was new the ohms where different and erratic eg "new coil? 7.74 ohms old coil? 0.167" i have tried the tank on 3 mods and while it lasted longer on my older mod ( i imagine due to the resistance sensor being less accurate) it still eventually had the same fault . attached picture of coil in question.

Attachments

• thumbnail_image0(1).jpg
    thumbnail_image0(1).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 295
How old is the tank?
Falcon tanks and coils have a good rep here. However a search reveals this, though rare, is not unheard of with these tanks.

I haven't found it, but there's a vid showing someone using a something thin,Like a wooden qtip to push the coil home, through the hole for the drip tip. Which sounds to me like a qc problem. See first comment.

from what you described , I seen that happen with juice on the 510 contact pin if the pin is not springy enough or the pin on the tank is not protruding enough.

The tank is one month old and it was used for two weeks. I then reverted back to my original Falcon tank with m1 coils which has been consistently good for over a year no issues. I can get the fault “ohms too high”’ unscrew the Falcon 2 and screw the falcon 1 on and it works perfect and reads the correct resistance on both mods I have at hand.

The tank is one month old and it was used for two weeks. I then reverted back to my original Falcon tank with m1 coils which has been consistently good for over a year no issues. I can get the fault “ohms too high”’ unscrew the Falcon 2 and screw the falcon 1 on and it works perfect and reads the correct resistance on both mods I have at hand.

from what you described , I seen that happen with juice on the 510 contact pin if the pin is not springy enough or the pin on the tank is not protruding enough.
The pin and the circular contact point inside the tank pictured are one piece which rotates but does not move up and down i have attached a picture of the pin protrusion which appears to be fixed. with these being one piece it is impossible to stop liquid covering it inside but as mentioned when this issues occurs if i open it up and take away the thin layer of juice covering it i can use it again a few times before the problem comes back.

Attachments

• ecig.jpg
    ecig.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 249
  • ecig 2.jpg
    ecig 2.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 284
Honestly the falcon 2 is nowhere near the recommended on my experience. I always find myself using it around 60-64w rather than the 75 and I'm a vaper who enjoys the power.

Back
Top Bottom