What's new

Eye drops

2016_Denise_JHRI-Obedience.png

Please explain "sore"? Sore on your eye surface, behind your eye's, dryness, scratchy/gritty sensation? General tiredness of the eye's. Is it a dull ache, a sharp pain, a throbbing pain?

Lol

My eyes in the corner nearest my nose are red, a little enflamed and feel dry and iritated. They are unusually gunked with sleep (far more than usual) when i wake up. The problem escalates during the day, and can be quite bad by the end of the day. Though tbh i am almost getting used to it.

I had read its a possible but rare side effect from one of the ingredients (cant remember if it was pg or vg)

Its possible i suppose its a coincidence but i really dont think it is.

Fwiw i vape outside, never inside. And though i dont feel its the vapour contacting my eyes as its airborne, more of a sinus thing, i am blowing the vape away and trying to avoid exhaling from my nose.

Surprised i am in such a minority tbh

Ah now that sounds a little more specific. It could be, as you say, a reaction. Almost sounds hayfevery. If you've got some antihistamines in the house you could try and see if that helps but I think its Doctor time just to get it checked out.

I suffer with dry eyes, it's normally in the morning when I wake up. I have traced the start of this to when I started vaping. I now make sure I keep myself hydrated especially before bedtime, this has made a huge difference and is rare these days.

It could still just be dehydration, I still get dry eyes when I don't drink enough.

How long have you been vaping? Your body might still be adjusting.

:assassin: @Myashey dammit

Went back to vaping 6 weeks ago, but doing it a bit more seriously this time- bigger watts lower ohms, more juice consumed, than when i first vaped 3 years ago for around 6 months or so (and did not have this problem)

I was putting (at least in part) some of this down to adjusting to it (in the hope it would ease off). Hadnt considered drinking more to keep hydrated

I will try antihistamines too

Fennel seed eye wash. Some fennel seeds in boiling water, once cool enough soak some cotton wool, squeeze into you eyes, job done and dusted. Been doing that for dry eyes and irritation on and off for years.

as said, get eyes checked at optition.
dehydration doesnt help so drink plenty while vaping.
some forms of arthritis can affect eyes and so can some types of medication.
if in doubt get it checked out.

Back
Top Bottom