What's new

Evod not giving flavour like dripper?

I say just go for it and see what happens. As long as you have some way of checking the coil resistance.

Here is my A7 in fine form using the coil from my picture in this thread

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HV4Nv_2FKmQ

Clouds of vapour there Simon, looks good, unfortunately I haven't got anything to check the resistance o tend to just knock a coil together and see if it works as I've only got standard batteries anyway and not VV.

When it comes to cotton wicks, less is certainly more. I would probably use about a quarter as much as Phil did in that video. Cotton Wool holds a lot of juice once it's properly soaked

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Well I'm just attempted this with 0.25 kanthal using a small amount of cotton wool and a larger amount.

The kanthal was really springy even after getting it glowing well first and it came out a bit of a mess both times when I used the long nose pliers to attempt to get the coils tight together, the draw was pretty tight compared to my usual set up (tried different positions with the air hole) and not great vapour or taste, really bummed after watching the vids as I was expecting vaping heaven, any tips appreciated please.

uploadfromtaptalk1382382980279.jpg

It looks like your coils are overlapping in the middle? That would short out some of the coil.

I also fold one of the ends of the wick so it lies on top of the coil. I think that serves to increase the contact area between wick and coil.

It looks like your coils are overlapping in the middle? That would short out some of the coil.

I also fold one of the ends of the wick so it lies on top of the coil. I think that serves to increase the contact area between wick and coil.

Cheers Simon, would I be better off accepting some gaps in the coils then rather then attempting to squeeze them together, what diameter wire are you using?

I dunno there's something about the evod I no longer like. I'm on the road all day and I like to take several clearos with me with different juices in them. Back-ups for my back-ups you know! I use mini protanks, vapeonly bccs, and a smok tumbler tank. I used to use evods all the time but stopped a while back. The flavour just seems muted in them. All my clearos have rebuilt coils using the same wick and wire. I can't explain it, the evods are just not as good when it comes to flavour.

I couldn't tell you the exact gauge but it is heavier than.the 0.2 that I use for evods and protanks. Did you flame the wire first? That takes a lot of the spring out of it and makes coiling a bit easier.

Back
Top Bottom