What's new

Doggystyle Owners

Finished mine using 28g SS316L 6 wraps came out at 0.67 watts, ended up at a whopping 18 watts and flavour was better, upped it to 22 and seems that was too high with little boost in flavour just more vapour, it' was still not on par with the Cobble pods 1.5 ohm coil, I then shoved it into bypass mode and it's much much better so back to wattage mode and fine tuned it and 16 Watts seems to be a decent balance and pretty close to the Cobble only chucks more vapour due to more power.

I was going to photograph the build but it's almost identical to Tobytyke build apart from the gauge, the wicking is exactly the same too.

Lesson learned and my first ever 2mm coil build.

Now I have benchmark goto build I will try my previous juices and see if I get better flavour.
I don't think I can take much more sub ohming 20mg nic salts!

Thanks for all the tips & advice all, apologies for piggybacking your post Tobytyke

Finished mine using 28g SS316L 6 wraps came out at 0.67 watts, ended up at a whopping 18 watts and flavour was better, upped it to 22 and seems that was too high with little boost in flavour just more vapour, it' was still not on par with the Cobble pods 1.5 ohm coil, I then shoved it into bypass mode and it's much much better so back to wattage mode and fine tuned it and 16 Watts seems to be a decent balance and pretty close to the Cobble only chucks more vapour due to more power.

I was going to photograph the build but it's almost identical to Tobytyke build apart from the gauge, the wicking is exactly the same too.

Lesson learned and my first ever 2mm coil build.

Now I have benchmark goto build I will try my previous juices and see if I get better flavour.
I don't think I can take much more sub ohming 20mg nic salts!

Thanks for all the tips & advice all, apologies for piggybacking your post Tobytyke
Hey no dramas bud, we’re all here to learn, me especially. I need to try and get this sorted

Really enjoying this setup now that I change the drip tip to a longer spout type (from my Nautilus 2), pretty sure it's not my imagination but it's brought the flavour out more, or perhaps it's just bedded in.

Really enjoying this setup now that I change the drip tip to a longer spout type (from my Nautilus 2), pretty sure it's not my imagination but it's brought the flavour out more, or perhaps it's just bedded in.

Glad to hear you’ve sort of cracked it, I feel like I’m going round in circles here. Coil up, coil down more/less cotton, wattage up/down, airflow open/closed. If it carries on much longer I’m ditching the idea of RTA’s and I’ll use my Innokin T18e FFS :doh:

Glad to hear you’ve sort of cracked it, I feel like I’m going round in circles here. Coil up, coil down more/less cotton, wattage up/down, airflow open/closed. If it carries on much longer I’m ditching the idea of RTA’s and I’ll use my Innokin T18e FFS :doh:
Looking at your build you are pretty much there, it was like a mirror image to my build and wicking, the only difference to mine is the wire gauge.

What juice are you using? in my limited MTL experience I am finding dessert juices deliver less flavour than thinner fruit ones.

Once this tank runs out I am going to try lemon tart which was muted on my previous attempts.

Looking at your build you are pretty much there, it was like a mirror image to my build and wicking, the only difference to mine is the wire gauge.

What juice are you using? in my limited MTL experience I am finding dessert juices deliver less flavour than thinner fruit ones.

Once this tank runs out I am going to try lemon tart which was muted on my previous attempts.

I’ve got either Phileas Fogg Elton mess or Stroodle Oodle in them. Thing is I had some Butterscotch Bliss from Drip Drop and it was lovely, and their rhubarb custard so I’m baffled

What VG/PG ratio? I found 70/30 too thick in my MTL setups.

Drip Drop have something right with their juices, they are the only shortfills I have tried that require no extra steeping, perhaps their PG ratio is higher?

Back
Top Bottom