What's new

DNA75c/escribe confusion

Thom2022

Postman
Hi everyone. Got my first DNA the other day and have been getting with the settings. Run into a bit of confusion.
I always build SS316l so when my therion tuned up I decided to give TC a go and was fairly impressed even with a 5 week old coil and day old cotton. Started having a peek through the options on escribe and ran the thermal case analysis and now things seem a little pear shaped. Where as before I was running on TC at around 400F 40W on 0.51 ohm and getting a nice vape, now I'm getting burnt and dry hits at the lowest setting of 200F. One thing I have noticed is it does seem to be reading the ambient temp a fair bit higher than it is since doing the case analysis. If I've input the ambient temperature incorrectly when it asked at the start of the testing could that have caused the issue?
Thanks

Thom

Restore to default. No real need to run thermal case analysis. The one to check is mod resistance as some manufacturers chuck any old figure. If you don't have the means to check it, Evolv forums is a good place to check for your particular mod.

I've done a reset but it reset mod resistance to 0.
I've had a look at a 'how to' to measure resistance of the mod and I'm getting a feeling it's a touch high.
As the only atty I really use is the berserker MTL RDA, I used 2 lengths of solid .7mm core copper wire to bridge the posts and took a measurement.
The reading I got was 0.0244 ohm.
Does this seem high
The mod is a therion BF

Thanks

Thom

I've done a reset but it reset mod resistance to 0.
I've had a look at a 'how to' to measure resistance of the mod and I'm getting a feeling it's a touch high.
As the only atty I really use is the berserker MTL RDA, I used 2 lengths of solid .7mm core copper wire to bridge the posts and took a measurement.
The reading I got was 0.0244 ohm.
Does this seem high
The mod is a therion BF

Thanks

Thom

That seems too high to me. My Therion 75 bf is set to 0.006 that the previous owner measured. Generally the resistance seems to range between 0.004-0.008ohm across most Lost Vape mods & is the range I see on the 3 I own.

Back
Top Bottom