What's new

Disposable Income - does anyone use disposables?

personally i hate these disposable pods dont like the impact they have on our planet, but i can see a market for these i mostly see students using them for a night on the lash if they them its no biggie compared to say summat like a dual 18650 mod.

For the record, I'm against them in general, the world would be better off without disposable stuff, how ever I feel far more sadness looking at the amount that goes into my wheelie bin every fortnight.

My only hope for these devices is that they are a bridge to quit smoking, if so then they are worth it.

My thoughts exactly. We need less disposable stuff in this world - not more.

Hell no!. Disposables are not good on the enviroment so i would ask all vapers to shun them, pod systems create to much waste, which in part is why i always buy rebuildables, I also sanitize and reuse empty bottles for mixing, anything to save the planet is good

V2 cigalikes is what i started with, nothing really worked tho until the sub ohm devices came out.(n became reasonably priced)

I would buy one, if i needed something disposable, like, if i were going into a hospital, or airplane maybe, somewhere where i dont mind throwing it away if i have to, or wont have chargers, juice, coils, or anything

I think we're all in agreement they are very wasteful and shouldn't be encourage as a regular vape, the degree of waste is down to whether you're in a TPD zone or not, as I pointed out; the TPD ones are a terrible waste but the larger capacity 50mg ones have some value for me, I would buy one for my morning nic high and after prolonged periods where you cannot vape, one would last me months and I get to re-use the battery afterwards, up-cycling is almost the cost of the battery.

But going back to their value for people looking to quit smoking, I could let the wastefulness slip for now, how many smokers are there that think vaping is too much hassle or daunting? a disposable has to be a good thing to temp those folks away from ciggies, faff free, rip open the pack and start vaping.

The hope is that they will be a bridge into less wasteful vaping, I honestly wish these were available when I was forced into quitting ciggies, I remember the grief I had with my first 2 setups from TW, dry hits, spitbacks, coils dying, no immediate satisfaction (which led me to dual fuelling), no frikkin clue about settings or wattage etc.
I enjoy electronic gizmos so I persevered and eventually began to wean off the smokes, but I know there will be people less persistent and dismissive "I tried it, it's not for me" types.

This is all purely opinion, I have no clue if studies have been carried out but I think it would be interesting to know, perhaps @Mawsley could shed some light?

But going back to their value for people looking to quit smoking, I could let the wastefulness slip for now, how many smokers are there that think vaping is too much hassle or daunting? a disposable has to be a good thing to temp those folks away from ciggies, faff free, rip open the pack and start vaping.

The hope is that they will be a bridge into less wasteful vaping, I honestly wish these were available when I was forced into quitting ciggies, I remember the grief I had with my first 2 setups from TW, dry hits, spitbacks, coils dying, no immediate satisfaction (which led me to dual fuelling), no frikkin clue about settings or wattage etc.
I enjoy electronic gizmos so I persevered and eventually began to wean off the smokes, but I know there will be people less persistent and dismissive "I tried it, it's not for me" types.

This is all purely opinion, I have no clue if studies have been carried out but I think it would be interesting to know, perhaps @Mawsley could shed some light?

I don't think there's any evidence to suggest that they are having a positive impact on conversion.

I think they are probably the worst option for "I tried it, it's not for me" types, no choice of liquids, no adjustments available if you don't like how it vapes. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone over say an Innokin Endura M18 (£10 on Innokin Shop UK) if that's too much hassle or too daunting then I don't know what to say. ... maybe they don't really want to give up smoking?

Edit: I'd just ban them entirely. :D

agreed. this idea that they might help people switch seems to be clutching at straws for an excuse for their existence, really. disposable apologetics. :)

As you know I'm no Eco-fascist but I think it's incredibly out of touch. We have Innokin stopping using plastic in any of their packaging and these other assholes making disposable plastic products with an internal battery that can't even be charged. I'm actually quite shocked how strongly I feel about this but it's a step too far for me and inexcusable imo. Zero tolerance for me I'm afraid even if it does help a few smokers quit, fuck 'em. They'll have to deal with the 'inconvenience' of having something they need to fill, change a coil occasionally and charge. (all of which have been made as simple as it can get in the last couple of years)

there's no excuse imo

I think we're all in agreement they are very wasteful and shouldn't be encourage as a regular vape, the degree of waste is down to whether you're in a TPD zone or not, as I pointed out; the TPD ones are a terrible waste but the larger capacity 50mg ones have some value for me, I would buy one for my morning nic high and after prolonged periods where you cannot vape, one would last me months and I get to re-use the battery afterwards, up-cycling is almost the cost of the battery.

There is, kinda. But not a comparison of the best stuff to help people quit.

What there is has been carried out with the homeless and is more directed at what doesn’t work if your hands shake or your eyesight is failing. Disposables that don’t need charging or refilling tend to work much better with the homeless community compared to more advanced kit.

Back
Top Bottom