What's new

Dead Parrot.. err Squid

I have been on this forum long enough to remember when the Smok Alien was first previewed.
Cries of ' I want one' could be heard far and wide....and we all know what a lemon that turned out to be.
Then along came the squid.....deja vu ?

Or a simple conformal coating. Boards could have been sprayed for pennies.
That's what I thought ....... but I wasn't sure enough about that to say it, thanks. :2thumbsup:

Today I realised I had loosened the tank by mistake on a Galaxies RDTA ...... juice everywhere and it must have been like that overnight as I found it still on my my old original Pico 75W ...... standing in a pool of juice. Battery compartment full of juice ...... practically oozing out of the USB port, literally oozing out of the bottom buttons. Still working ....... I've now cleaned it up and left it to dry out properly. That's as cheap a mod as you can get, and 3 years old. :20:

I have a dead one too. After all the hassle in getting a functioning one and a few months of light use it is dead.
The batteries indication works and it reads the coils but simply doesn’t fire anymore.
Such a bad buy I won’t regret binning it.

I have a dead one too. After all the hassle in getting a functioning one and a few months of light use it is dead.
The batteries indication works and it reads the coils but simply doesn’t fire anymore.
Such a bad buy I won’t regret binning it.

@vapesmarter is looking for a busted one iirc, and if he's not then I might be interested...

How much to post instead of bin?

That's what I thought ....... but I wasn't sure enough about that to say it, thanks. :2thumbsup:

Today I realised I had loosened the tank by mistake on a Galaxies RDTA ...... juice everywhere and it must have been like that overnight as I found it still on my my old original Pico 75W ...... standing in a pool of juice. Battery compartment full of juice ...... practically oozing out of the USB port, literally oozing out of the bottom buttons. Still working ....... I've now cleaned it up and left it to dry out properly. That's as cheap a mod as you can get, and 3 years old. :20:

Conformal coating is lovely stuff I use it on my boards all the time plus all dna boards are but......

It’s not 100% water proof as juice isn’t water after soaking through the 510 the juice just sits there and eats through the conformal coating over time

I haven’t found a 510 that is 100% leak proof either I think it is down to the tank even if you used more seals it will in the end leak past

@vapesmarter is looking for a busted one iirc, and if he's not then I might be interested...

How much to post instead of bin?

I’m not in the UK so shipping would be around 17€. Why would you want one? I believe the first batches were great but this one was cursed from the start (@Crewella)
Bad karma sending it out...

Didn't I hear these were all the go a while back?
Overhyped junk?
Sheesh, let em know and show em what you think of them. I make jokes about junk in ways, but I let em see what I have done and what I think. Im serious when I do it even though I have a bit of fun along the way. People and companies that sell junk need to see and hear about it.
Tell others and tell them.
:rant:
In the spirit of this post,the Wallabees are crap...lol

They are indeed very pretty. But the phrase 'andsome is as 'andsome does keeps popping into my mind ....... ;)
Hang on I've seen 'Forrest Gump' and the saying is 'Stupid is,what stupid does...' or something similar (i'm just too lazy to google it).

Back
Top Bottom