What's new

Curiosity of rebuilds

Lisa Bolton

Achiever
Called into my local vape shop and I was asking about rebuilds. He said he doesn't really concentrate on them but if I find what I want online to let him know and he'll get it and save me some money. He also gave me a freebie but doesn't have the RBA as he lost it. I didn't really want to go to a drip style yet but would be nice to play with. Been looking at the Augvape Druga which is quite cheap unless any of you have an old 1 you don't use any more pretty please?

Attachments

• IMG_20211202_173503.jpg
    IMG_20211202_173503.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 264
Are you saying he gave you the mod?

If so I'd unfortunately say it's unsuitable for a new vaper, it's unregulated so relies on your build to control the output.

You'd be far safer with a regulated device :)

Are you saying he gave you the mod?

If so I'd unfortunately say it's unsuitable for a new vaper, it's unregulated so relies on your build to control the output.

You'd be far safer with a regulated device :)
Yeah he gave it to me for free since the RDA missing. I've YouTubed it and it appears to have some safety features unlike others and ideal for first time users. I'm not rushing, not even started building stock coils yet let alone using a drip. Just wanted to play with it lol

It's far from ideal for first-time users I can assure you. I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who uses a lot of unregulated stuff, you can't just stick any atty on it and hit the fire-button, albeit it does have some rudimentary protections, I don't fancy your chances I'm afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's better and safer than a mech for a new builder, but definitely misses out on certain usability features - like being able to turn it down (or up).

Btw, "stock" coils are the ones you buy that plug/screw into a tank/pod - you don't build them (unless you're still in 2002 ;))

If you just want a dripper to play with there's a possibility I may have one? It won't be modern though...
I'm waiting on my manic pod kit to build stock coils to get me started. I do want a proper tank and learn how to make coils. I thought this might give me some practice. Wouldn't be actually using it. Just fiddling with the making coils and wicking. Thank you, only if you don't use any more.

It's far from ideal for first-time users I can assure you. I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who uses a lot of unregulated stuff, you can't just stick any atty on it and hit the fire-button, albeit it does have some rudimentary protections, I don't fancy your chances I'm afraid.
I'm not wanting to use it, just practise building. I've no interest in drips, well at the moment anyway

I'm with @John R on this one. Unregulated and safer than a mech for sure, but very far from ideal for a novice. You're gonna need to build within a very small margin to get a quality vape from it, and if you build something that's not ideal you can't change the mod settings to make it good - you'll have to rebuild from scratch.

A regulated mod would be a far better option for usability.

I'm with @John R on this one. Unregulated and safer than a mech for sure, but very far from ideal for a novice. You're gonna need to build within a very small margin to get a quality vape from it, and if you build something that's not ideal you can't change the mod settings to make it good - you'll have to rebuild from scratch.

A regulated mod would be a far better option for usability.
Thank you but I don't intend to use it. I just want a base to practice making coils for when I purchase a decent mod and RTA in the new year. I'm not ready for using something I can't alter the power or read the coil. Plus I like to vape without the faff of dripping every few minutes

Thank you but I don't intend to use it. I just want a base to practice making coils for when I purchase a decent mod and RTA in the new year. I'm not ready for using something I can't alter the power or read the coil. Plus I like to vape without the faff of dripping every few minutes

well you are going too need one of these at some point if you go down the rebuild route..

https://www.primevapes.co.uk/products/coil-master-521-mini-v2?_pos=5&_sid=dd589628b&_ss=r

Back
Top Bottom