What's new

Crusty's weird obsession with hipsters. Again.

Odd. It’s seems ‘crusty’ is a very vague and overarching term then.
Ive not read the thread properly - but from my point of view (a massive amount of my friends being "crusty" it was all about the levellers and that ilk .. and dreads .. and dogs on string .. and camping in trees stopping bulldozers

and taking far too many drugs and raving to dance music (in the later years)

seemed to largely spring out of the New Model Army crowd - leastways thats the ones I knew

I just googled it as a reality check and it seems we’re both neither wrong nor right as the term describes two different sub-cultural groups. Type A & B

Never really got the crusty tag with these boy's. Had they been American the music press would have been all over them. Fun hard-core punk with pop tunes and a great twin dual octave bass style. Good band.

I've got to admit, I've never really got the whole labels thing at all. I owned a pair of Docs as a teen, but that was about it. I've got everything from Slayer to Pink to Mozart in my music collection. It's not a huge collection either, just very varied. I have still got the God Fodder album, I was about 14 when that came out!

“ The term 'crusties' can refer to two distinct, but not entirely separate, subcultural groups. Particularly in North America, but to some extent worldwide, the term is used to refer to crust punksor gutter punks. In the UK and Ireland especially, particularly in the 1990s, the term was used to refer to people who are members of a subculture related to the New Age travellers movement. “

= I was type A - hence those references.

I've got to admit, I've never really got the whole labels thing at all. I owned a pair of Docs as a teen, but that was about it. I've got everything from Slayer to Pink to Mozart in my music collection. It's not a huge collection either, just very varied. I have still got the God Fodder album, I was about 14 when that came out!
Me too. Carpenter's to cash and Caracas, sonic youth, slayer to Springsteen. I just love good well crafted music.
I get why the levellers are considered crusty (not a fave of mine sadly) bit not neds or senseless things ect.

When i hear crusty I think of a dirty homeless gypsy I'd turn the hose to.
Even if they have a nice beard and listen to the carpenters :p
*hoses the thread*

to some up then , a thread started about an ugly looking smok mod quickly turned into "its the chavs and hipsters fault" ?

am I close lol

Re RDF =I went to 1 or 2 gigs that included them, was never that keen though - singing style left a lot to be desired.

Back
Top Bottom